cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retinol recommendations

MiaL
Nailing It

Hi all. 

I’ve tried a couple retinol products, but without any luck. The ones I’ve tried completely dry out my skin, and it’s no fun. Does anyone know any products where the retinol is suspended in oil? Or has someone had a similar problem but have found a retinol product that doesn’t dry out their skin? Because I’m still pretty new to retinoids I’d want a product where the retinol solution is no more than 1%. Any ideas? 

13 REPLIES

Re: Retinol recommendations

Pineapple
Nailing It

@MiaL Have you tried the Ordinary? I picked up the 0.2% in squalane, it was ok but way too oily for me Smiley Very Happy. You may like it! x

Ashli
Nailing It

@MiaL  Try Indeed Labs Retinol Reface Skin Serum

nav_does_beauty
Getting Lippy

You could try Retinol Resurfacing Treatment by Merumaya. I have finished a bottle of this and it's really pleasant to use with no irritation, it a retinol deriative rather than retinol.

Pineapple
Nailing It

If you are up for spending a bit, I've seen the Drunk Elephant A-Passioni Retinol Cream all over the place in the past couple of weeks, may be worth a try!

MiaL
Nailing It

That sounds perfect for me, thanks so much!

MiaL
Nailing It

I wish I had the money fot Drunk Elephant, I’d buy their whole range. 

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone, I’ll look into them!

Highlighted

Pineapple
Nailing It

@MiaL If you do, buy it for me too please Woman LOL!

sfbeautyxo
Multimasker

I love the Viola Skin Retinol Serum, doesn’t dry out my skin and works great. I use it along with their vitamin c serum which I couldn’t recommend enough x

MiaL
Nailing It

@sfbeautyxo Thanks for the recommendation! Do you use the vitamin c and retinol at different times in the day? Cos I’ve heard when vitamin C and retinol are used at the same time they cancel each other out and render each other ineffective.