cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REVIEW: Make UP For Ever lipstick(Beauty Club sample)

Sadia02
Nailing It

D12A95FF-83D7-466F-8F76-8D5BA69F1615.jpeg

I was lucky to swipe up this month’s Debenhams Beauty sample: Make Up For Ever Rouge Couture Lipstick In shade c211.

Pros: It has no scent. It has no taste. It is long lasting - I put it on at 16:00, talked, laughed, ate dinner, drank some water and the pigment was still a gorgeous wash over my lips by 21:00. This is definitely a great lippie because nothing ever stays on my lips after eating something. So definitely a massive tick in my book. 

Cons: It has a sticky texture that I couldn’t get on with, it felt heavy on my lips and every time my lips touched I could almost feel the product moving (even though it wasn’t)

General comments - the colour was okay, I felt it washed me out with makeup on but without it looks great, my lips but better. (Medium skin tone). Just to note, I don’t prime my lips so this is based on me just putting the lipstick straight on. 

I definitely think this product is worth a try as the texture of the lipstick is always different on others - I’m curious how everyone else found it? 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: REVIEW: Make UP For Ever lipstick(Beauty Club sample)

SilviaP
Perfectly Primed

I just tried to get mine but they haven't received it yet 😒 super unhelpful staff 

Pineapple
Multimasker

@Sadia02 I really love the coverage and colour, it suits me very well, it's actually pretty dark on me which I love. And I agree with you it feels a bit heavy, especially compared to my UD lipsticks.

@SilviaP So annoying! I had to go back too as the first time I went in they didn't have it yet.

Highlighted

SilviaP
Perfectly Primed

@Pineapple  I went back they said they don't have it cuz they don't have that counter. But last time when we got the highlighter from the same brand they got it! Clearly they don't bother to check... and again unhelpful staff 😒

Pineapple
Multimasker

@SilviaP Some people are just rude like that Smiley Mad.

Angelprincess87
Multimasker

I tried mine yesterday, It really lasted but I did feel that it made my lips feel quite drying and I found myself licking my lips to keep them moisturised, i think the next time I try it I will perhaps use a lipbalm beforehand underneath or maybe apply a clear lipgloss ontop to help with the dryness.

Boss786
In the Spotlight

Got mine the same day our debehnams in bullring are so nice 

Truthfuly 1st time im trying this brand lady was so nice.

Loved the colour it was smooth an moist on my lips the colour was nuce an deeper then when u actualy look at the lippy

More intense on lips loved it i think staying power was not long but thats why we had the sample so you came see if its for you or not.

Thanku debehnams x

Boss786
In the Spotlight

Hey hope you get it but doubt if it be left truthfuly now as my friend went on this friday there wasnt any left x