cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Murad retinol

Priya_13
Multimasker

I bought a Murad retinol serum, night cream and small sample of the eye cream which j haven't tested. I've tried the serum and night cream sparingly but it's made my skin feel really tight and I have puffy eyes, they look swollen. I've only used the products for a few days but has anyone else had issues with retinol please?

7 REPLIES

Re: Murad retinol

Paula1994
Multimasker

Are you using good moisturiser and sunscreen?  Retinol is  a topical vitamin A that increases colagen production and stimulate the production of new blood vessels. When you start using retinol your skung must first get used to it ( it is recommended to start using it twice a week), redness, dryness and flakyness may occur in first couple weeks.  Also retinol makes your skin more sensitive to the sun as it rapidly breaks down to sun and air, and sxposed to sun can do more damage then good. It is better to use it at night time and in a day time using very high spf cream xx @Priya_13  hope i could help x

Pineapple
Multimasker

Second everything @Paula1994 said. If you only use it once a week and it still is too drying,  try using less and mixing it with your moisturiser.  You really need to work up to higher concentrations of retinol,  it's very potent! xx

DJMcCumiskey
Multimasker

The only Retinol product I've used so far is the Pixi Retinol Tonic.  I only use it about once or twice a week, and haven't really noticed any issues with it yet.  Maybe a slight bit of flakiness, but I think it's natural to get a bit of dryness from it especially at first.  

@Priya_13 

Priya_13
Multimasker

@Paula1994 @Pineapple @DJMcCumiskey  thanks for your help. I had a break from murad last night.  I used epaderm all over my face which is specific for dry skin and mild enough for babies. My skin feels a lot better and my eyes less puffy. I'll give it a couple more nights before trying murad again and I will use sparingly. My moisturiser has a spf of 15, is that enough? 

I bought the skincare stuff from qvc so if it doesn't suit I can send it back within 30 days.  

Pineapple
Multimasker

I would say try to get a product that is actual standalone SPF of at least 30 rather than moisturiser with SPF. Better be safe with your skin than sorry when using things like retinol Smiley Happy. x

Paula1994
Multimasker

I would recomend you to buy an spf cream rather than relying on spf in make up or skincare. Normal SPF protect only from UVB ( the ones responsible for skin burns) but you fo need a protection from UVA (responsible for skin ageing). Look for an Full spectrum spf cream. and while using retinol i wouldnt go any less than spf 30 +++

Highlighted

Priya_13
Multimasker

@Pineapple @Paula1994  thanks I've got some Clinique city block spf 50 left from my hols I can use for a week or two. I'll pick something else up before it runs out. Thanks again. I'm not going to use the retinol for a few days until my skin feels normal again.