cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Men’s Simple Skincare Recommendations

StevenA
Winging It

Does anyone have any skincare recommendations for me?

I'm 34, with 2 kids & a busy work life and find it hard to hold down a quality skincare regime.

At present I’m exfoliating every other day & using a L’Oreal Expert moisturiser every day.

I find the moisturiser leaves a silky residue on the top of my skin, which I’m not too fond of!

Does anyone have any hero products they could recommend?

Thanks!

18 REPLIES 18

Re: Men’s Simple Skincare Recommendations

Mrscrowler
Total Glossip

@StevenA My hubby uses Elemis Pro Radiance Flash balm as his moisturiser - he finds that it gives his skin a healthy look and feel with no residue. ☺️

MrsCC
Getting Lippy

I love Clinique pep start 2in1 cleanser and exfoliator as it’s a fab double whammy when I want still do both but don’t have time to do them separelty! And I love their moisture surge super charged concentrate as it’s super light weight but really hydrating doesn’t leave any oily ness in my skin at all! Xx

Suzy
Beauty Icon

@StevenA

Hi

You might find it helpful to read on the blog 'hello house 99' @catherined if you haven't already. 

My other half uses #Clinique For Men face wash, ****bleep**** they do oil control too. 

Suzy
Beauty Icon

@StevenA haven't got a clue why my message had **bleep** in the middle of it! No bad language used!

Highlighted

eri82
Getting Lippy

eri82
Getting Lippy

Honestly I know it sounds very low tech but coconut oil has made the biggest difference to my skin, way more than any skincare products I've bought. I use it to clean my face in the evening...wipe it all over your face and wipe off with a dry flannel. It exfoliates, cleans and moisturises.  Its improved my skin texture no end. I use a cheap pot from Lidl, about £2 lasts ages. Cold pressed and organic. Also good for removing make up and stray wax residue! 

StevenA
Winging It

Thanks a lot @Mrscrowler ! I’m going into town over the next few days so I’ll hunt that down 😄

StevenA
Winging It

@MrsCC I’ve always been a fan of Clinique, but have never tried those two. 🤦🏼‍♂️ I’ll give them a good run through this week & see how I get on. Thanks!

StevenA
Winging It

@Suzy ****bleep**** ****bleep**** ****bleep**** 😂

ive always been a big Clinique fan & swore by their products in the past (pre kids!) when I actually had spare time! It might be time to revisit them - thanks for jogging my memory!