cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Kiehls Thread

DJMcCumiskey
Beauty Icon

No problem @te0607  Throughout the years I've chopped and changed skincare so much, never finding anything that really suited me perfectly until I found Kiehls.  I've being using it since about Sept/Oct now and am still enjoying new products, but I have found some staple that I use everyday. 

I just discovered another serum (I never used to like using serum!) I found a sample of the Hydro-Plumping one when I was sorting out the other day, and wow it's good!  I think I even prefer it over the other one I mentioned above.  

Youll have to to let us know what you buy if you decide to go ahead, and what you think of them!  

science_geek
Going Pro

Nice @te06071! If you need any help let us know - have you started looking at any products? What's your skin type like maybe we can help recommend something? 

One thing, that I will say is that Kiehl's is the most easy-going brand when it comes to samples. They really mean it when they say try before you buy so, never feel pressurised to buy something and just to make you aware, Kiehl's also have a 28 day money back guarantee where if you don't see an improvement In your skin or just generally don't like the product they'll give your money back. 

Hope you have a good consultation, whenever you go in! feel free to ask any questions! ☺️ x

DJMcCumiskey
Beauty Icon

Can't remember if you mentioned @science_geek but have you ever used one of Kiehls serums?  I'm currently using up my little samples of the line reducing concentrate and the hydro plumping serum and decide which I like best.  I think I'm more or less settled on the hydro plumping one.

I'll be going into Kiehls next Friday and buying whichever one I've decided on and also some more Ultra facial moisturiser as I've nearly ran out.  

DJMcCumiskey
Beauty Icon

So I took the Oil free cream back and exchanged it for a bottle of Ultra Facial cream (this time with the SPF) and hydro plump serum.  

@science_geek

te06071
Nailing It

@science_geek@DJMcCumiskey

To be honest I'm very new to the brand and have not yet tried anything. I was going to invest in the Vitamin C 12.5% serum but it's around £65.00. I might have to go into the stores and physically try it out instead of blind buying. I think I made a thread about this a few weeks back.

what products are your must haves/recommended?

DJMcCumiskey
Beauty Icon

@te06071 The first item I got from Kiehls was the Ultra Facial Moisturiser.  I think it basically suits all skin types, and really agrees with my skin.  I then bought the Ultra facial cleanser and toner too, so I think that range is a good starting point. 

I love the Vitamin C serum, and also the Hydro Plumping serum too.  I was undecided for ages which one to go for, but went for the plumping serum in the end as I still had a couple of samples of the Vitamin C one to use up and I felt the hydro plumping one did more for my skin.  I love the warming sensation of the Vit C one though.  

If you are near a store, go in and ask for some samples as they are one brand which I've always found to be very accommodating in handing them out.  They're also very customer focused and so very helpful in advising which products to go for, and they'll do a skin test to determine your skin type. 

Their products arent the cheapest, but you really do only need the smallest amount of product.  I have to be so careful not to be heavy handed with it and squirt it everywhere!  

science_geek
Going Pro

Hiya @te06071! So sorry for the late reply have had a lot of trouble with my internet connection at home. I haven't yet tried the powerful strength line reducing concentrate (super long name!) It is really expensive so definitely don't blame you there. I've tried Calendula And Aloe Soothing Hydration Mask 100Ml - Kiehls, Calendula Herbal Extract Alcohol Free Toner 500Ml - Kiehls, Ultra Facial Cream 50Ml - Kiehls and sometimes the midnight recovery concentrate. 

The ones that I have highlighted are literally my all time faves. I use them all the time and the best thing about them is that they are super hydrating and keep my skin feeling and looking fresh and glow-y! I would have to say the calendula products (mask and toner) aren't that affordable since, calendula is quite expensive to grow, so I've been told. The ultra facial cream is really lightweight and applies really smoothly on the skin. I'd recommend these but, please please try all the samples before purchasing and I really hope you like the samples!!

I 100% agree with you don't blind buy it's an investment at the end of the day and if the product doesn't suit you then you wouldn't want to have any problems in trying to return it. Smiley Happy

science_geek
Going Pro

Nice @DJMcCumiskey, I love the hydroplump serum it is really expensive though so bought it once and kind of just use really small amount every time. 😂😂

I think it's a really good idea that you swapped the oil free but, remember that the ultra facial with SPF in is a lot denser and to a certain extent thicker than the normal ultra facial so, will be a lot more denser that the oil free UF. 

Hope it all suits you and let me know what you think  of these products! Smiley Happy

science_geek
Going Pro

I'm so sorry for the late reply @DJMcCumiskey, my Internet's been down for the past week and I've used up all my mobile data. 

I'm really happy that you bought the hydro plump in the end and for me it's the no. 1 thing to help hydrate my skin and make me feel really soft and supple. So sorry once again that I couldn't advise you of anything but, please feel free to ask anything! Smiley Happy X

DJMcCumiskey
Beauty Icon

@science_geek  No need to apologise 😊  

I love both those serums, I think that's why I was having a hard time trying to decide which one to go for! Like you say, it does appear to be the best one to hydrate, and that's what I feel I need right now, rather than the skin brightening, and besides, I've got my eye on some Vitamin C capsules from Beauty Pie!  

Yeah, deffo the right decision to take back the Oil free moisturiser.  I used to always use a lotion/cream with an SPF in, and then haven't for a long while (bad I know!), and so wanted a lotion with it built in rather than have to add yet another layer of product.  But yes, you are right, the texture is very different, and tbh, I prefer the one without as my make up sits better on it.  I used the SPF one yesterday under make-up and I didn't feel it looked as good or lasted as long.  It's a lot oilier on me, and with my skin being oily anyhow, I think the search continues.  

I dont know if it's the retinol toner (Pixi) or the new UFC with SPF that's broke my skin out with a few spots, but I'm thinking more the latter as I've only used the toner about 2-3 times.