cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kiehls Thread

DJMcCumiskey
All Eyes on Me

Following @science_geek and my conversation in another thread that wasn't about Kiehls but got onto the topic of Kiehls, I decided it was better to start another thread instead of veering that thread of the original topic even more so than we were doing!  😆

So, basically this thread is a place to talk about, recommend and ask questions about your favourite Kiehls products.  It'd be interesting to read what other fans of the brand have to say about it, what your favourite products are and what you don't like. 

23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted

Re: Kiehls Thread

DJMcCumiskey
All Eyes on Me

A product I got in my advent calendar and have recently just started to use is 

Kiehls Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate 12.5% Vitamin C.  I'm not a massive fan of serums, but I really like this one.  It's so velvety and sinks in so well, and I especially like the warming feeling it gives when you first put it on.  I use it at night under my moisturiser.  I have two little sample sizes and can see me buying the full-size one when they run out. 

Another favourite is the Glow Formula skin hydrator.  It's great if you need a little pick me up on no make up days, but I mainly use it underneath (or mixed into) my foundation, and it really does do what it says on the bottle!  

science_geek
Beauty Crush

Absolutely! Sorry @Priya_13 completely took over your thread with Kiehl’s😂 

So, my favourites have to be the Ultra Facial Cream 125Ml - Kiehls. This is so lightweight, non-scented and really gives that boost and infusion of hydration. It absorbs into my skin really quickly aswell and the best part about it is that a little goes a really long way!!

my second favourite is the Calendula And Aloe Soothing Hydration Mask 100Ml - Kiehls. it’s really calming and soothing for my skin, I love putting this on my cheeks which are the dryest part of my face and just leaving it for 15 mins. Remember with this one it takes 10 mins to activate but it’s really calming and if anything sometimes gives me a really nice cooling effect☺️

I’d have to mention the Calendula Herbal Extract Toner 250Ml - Kiehls. This is great for people like me it helps balance my skins pH so the oily parts are controlled and the dehyrdated dry parts are also maintained ready for a serum. The only con with this one would be that it finishes too quickly! Or I use lots of it😂 it’s also a bit pricey as the 500 ml is £54 - but it does help control everything! ☺️

Can’t wait to hear everyone else’s faves ☺️☺️

DJMcCumiskey
All Eyes on Me

I love (and use most days) the Ultra Facial Cream for the exact same reasons that you mention @science_geek and you're right, a little really does go a long way!  In the shop when testing it I squeezed out way too much and ended up having to rub it all into my arms with the SA saying "with Kiehls, you only need a very small amount of our products"...yeah, now you tell me!  😂

Ive tried various masks from Kiehls, the one you mention, the Turmeric one, and the clay one, but as they were only small satchets I'm not sure which one I actually prefer? 

I have the Calendula toner which I use when I've used the Calendula cleanser, but I also really like the Ultra Facial Toner too.  I think I actually prefer the UFT more, but I'm still relatively new to some products, so I guess it's all about trial and error.  

The serum I mentioned above seems to be really doing my skin some good 🤞🏼 I just caught myself in the mirror, and I actually have a glow!  So even though it's called line reducing concentrate, I'm not really using it for that, but more for just how good it makes your skin look and feel, kind of resurfaces and hydrates it.   

science_geek
Beauty Crush

Haha! I completely understand. I think it's not just the ultra facial cream that's like that the, pretty much everything is 😂

Ooh, I've tried the Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Mask 125Ml - Kiehls too, I like to use it for my oil T-zone area including the nose because of how oily it is. I feel like it takes time to work it doesn't do the job instantly. Next time you're there try asking for a pot, instead of sachets if you've made a purchase - the least they should do is offer you a 14ml pot instead of a 5ml sachet. I've attached a picture of what the sample pots look like Smiley Happy 

I can't use the calendula toner - it really dries me out and makes my skin feel really tight and just generally unhappy. I haven't tried the ultra facial toner - I might try it Smiley Happy 

That's so good! When you say resurface do you mean it takes away marks and stuff? Thanks! Smiley Happy 

science_geek
Beauty Crush

Haha! I completely understand. I think it's not just the ultra facial cream that's like that the, pretty much everything is 😂

Ooh, I've tried the Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Mask 125Ml - Kiehls too, I like to use it for my oil T-zone area including the nose because of how oily it is. I feel like it takes time to work it doesn't do the job instantly. Next time you're there try asking for a pot, instead of sachets if you've made a purchase - the least they should do is offer you a 14ml pot instead of a 5ml sachet. I've attached a picture of what the sample pots look like Smiley Happy 

I can't use the calendula toner - it really dries me out and makes my skin feel really tight and just generally unhappy. I haven't tried the ultra facial toner - I might try it Smiley Happy 

That's so good! When you say resurface do you mean it takes away marks and stuff? Thanks @DJMcCumiskey! Smiley Happy 

DJMcCumiskey
All Eyes on Me

Thanks, I'll ask for one of them next time I go in.  😊  @science_geek

The Ultra facial is a more hydrating toner, and so I actually don't mind using this one to just make sure I have all my makeup off properly.  Before getting one, I have never really used toners at all, just wasn't a fan as I always found them too harsh. 

By resurfacing I mean it helps to improve the look and the feel of the skin, it makes it feel so velvety smooth, and it also helps to reduce pore size.  Maybe retexturising is the word I should have used?!  

science_geek
Beauty Crush

So sorry @DJMcCumiskey! Just realised I didn't attach a photo so, here it is! You can get them In all the masques. 

I see what you mean about the retexturing - no worries! Smiley Happy Rare_Earth_Deep_Pore_Cleansing_Masque_3605971023538_14ml_PV1.jpgSample pot of the Rare earth masque Smiley Happy1136057_06_Calendula_Mask_Sampler_Kit_Open_sRGB_r2_Web.jpgHere are the rest, you can get them every one - they are all 14ml each

DJMcCumiskey
All Eyes on Me

Thanks for that @science_geek !  Will check them all out!  😀👍

te06071
Nailing It

Thanks for this x I am looking to try