cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Eye creams!

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

@Priya_13 Have you found any other ones that you liked? I'll add this to my list to try Smiley Happy.

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

@DJMcCumiskey I'm very likely to do the same tbh!

The diet thing is so true.  I don't drink and mostly just have water,  and I'm trying to lay off the sugar which is my downfall 😆,  my skin is actually already looking better being almost a full month semi sugar free 😊.

Priya_13
Beauty Icon

@Pineapple 

I just typed a reply but it seems to have disappeared?

Olay anti wrinkle eye gel is one of the best ones I've tried and it's only £10.

Kiehls midnight recovery eye cream is amazing but not their avocado one which didn't do anything for me.

Liz Earle super skin eye cream is lovely.

Bobbi Brown hydrating eye cream and Clinique all about eyes gel are both very similar as in cooling and moisturising.

Decleor do a really good eye cream but I can't remember what it's called? Something like aurabsolou?

Most of these last for ages so it's best to try and get a sample to see if they work for you before you invest.  

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

@Priya_13  Thank you for sharing your experience with all of these! <3

DJMcCumiskey
Beauty Icon

I need to sort my diet out, as I think it's really affecting the dark circles under my eyes!  I always have them to some extent anyhow, but they seem worse at the moment as I've been drinking more than I usually do due to being bought a lot of alcohol for Christmas!  That sounds awful I know, but everyone just bought me bottles of spirits, and then the MIL sent over cans of cider that she'd got in and won't drink...Are they trying to tell me something?!  😝😂

I need to practice what I preach, and up the water content.  I can't just drink plain water though and have to dilute it with cordial.  

@Pineapple 

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

Ahh my case is the same just replace alcohol with sugar, I actually refused to take home most of the chocolate that was given to me (which was way way way too much). It helped that I got sick literally the day after Christmas and I blame it on all the sugar, I just didn't want to look at anything sweet ever again. All I brought back was a chocolate orange and a box of Ferrero Rochers because they are my all time favourite! I honestly think the best thing to do is ditch them, or save them and gift them to someone else LOL. Basically do what your MIL did, you're not a garbage bin for unwanted alcohol! Maybe try to hint everyone towards Debenhams gift cards next year, I think the alcohol presents happen because they are so easy to buy for someone when you don't know what to get. Smiley Very Happy

The water drinking gets easier as you drink more. I used to have almost a whole 2L bottle of cola by myself everyday! Nowadays I just have a sip off my partner's one sometimes lol Woman LOL.

Sorry I got a bit carried away here! xx

DJMcCumiskey
Beauty Icon

The MIL goes absolutely nuts in the run up to Christmas, she buys stuff weeks in advance like there's going to be a famine or something, and then afterwards gives most of it away to her 3 sons ( and families) and to her sisters...probably the neighbours too lol!  So yeah, apart from alcohol we also end up with cake, biscuits and chocolate...I've banned the husband from bringing anymore home, I've told him to tell her we don't want anymore sh*t...but obviously in nicer terms than that lol!  😂

My aunty always gets me Debenhams gift cards for birthdays and Christmas, and I love it because I can treat myself!  Everyone else knows what to get me and what I like, and they get me those things, the alcohol is like an added extra, a stocking filler kind of thing.  

@Pineapple 

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

@DJMcCumiskey  The excessive buying drives me insane lol Smiley Very Happy. Whyyy buy so many things just to have to get rid of them! I've said I'm either not taking things back or I'm throwing them away, no remorse haha. Woman LOL I have to rely on my partner to be the nice one, I'm very straight forward and wouldn't sugar coat anything Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOL.

Your aunty is the best <3! That's very generous of people, it's a BIG stocking filler! Smiley Happy I've said I'd rather get clementines and bananas than chocolate over Christmas lol, my partner actually put both in mine and I loved it Woman LOL.

Highlighted

MiaL
Multimasker

Yeah I’m not great at using eye cream. I would like to try an anti-ageing one that isn’t too expensive. Starting to see some wrinkles around my eyes and I’m not very happy about it😬😅

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

@MiaL @DJMcCumiskey I just remembered I had a conversation with my grandma last week and she said if I wanted to hide wrinkles to just gain weight to fill them up! Woman LOLSmiley Very HappyWoman LOL!