cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Body oil

science_geek
Going Pro

Sounds good @Priya_13! I love the Calendula and Aloe mask too, I have a sample pot of the turmeric and cranberry one too but because I am a drier skin type I notice it just seems to dehydrate me even further which is expected from the turmeric! Smiley Happy

Definitely do! I think the best way to find out about products is by sampling so if a counter offer you samples they're just bringing in another customer! 

Awh, nice one! Sometimes shopping and a bit of alone time is exactly what you need, hope you have an amazing shopping day! 😁 X

Priya_13
In the Spotlight

@science_geek turmeric is really beneficial for the skin. My mum used to make me face masks as a teenager with spotty skin and it totally helped.  She used to mix natural yoghurt with turmeric and gram flour (made from chick peas) or you can add honey if you want it to be moisturising or lemon juice foe brightening . 

I don't get many days to myself and I'm really looking forward to it. It will be nice to go round the shops without someone needing a wee or a snack or asking when are we going to a toy shop 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️😀

science_geek
Going Pro

That sounds so cool @Priya_13! I have some spots marks from waxing - from my other post. Do you think trying a homemade mask like the yogurt, turmeric and honey (for example) would help the spot marks go? 

I can imagine how excited you must be! Haha, bless!😂 Do share pictures ☺️☺️x

Priya_13
In the Spotlight

@science_geek turmeric is very good at fading marks. There are lots of combinations for a turmeric face mask, you will probably find loads of youtube videos. If you don't have gram flour you can use ground up oats or rice flour. Lemon will brighten the skin, honey has lots of benefits particularly Manuka as it is an anti oxidant. For an extra moisturising mask your can add olive oil. You have to be careful when you apply it turmeric stains and you need to make the mask a thick consistency so it doesn't drip. 

science_geek
Going Pro

That's cool @Priya_13, I didn't know how good turmeric was. Ooh, all these combinations sound great - I'll have a look on youtube and let you know what I try! How long would you say it takes to see an effect from the masks? Thank you for the suggestion I'm definitely going to try it out! How much of yogurt and turmeric (in terms to tsp/tbsp) would you recommend using? 

DJMcCumiskey
Beauty Icon

Arghh!  I replied to this message last night, a really long message (well you know me lol!) and it hasn't appeared for some reason?!  😫  @science_geek

I won't write it all out again now as it was long and I don't have time right now, but it did mention a couple of other Kiehls products that I've started using (but forgot to mention earlier) and that I really love...so maybe we should create a separate thread where we can talk all things Kiehls and about our likes and dislikes of certain products?  I feel we've taken over @Priya_13 body oil thread!!  😂😂

A quick mention about the Clarins lip oil you mentioned.  I've been wanting to try it for a while, but I'm not a big fan of glossy/wet feel products on my lips, so I wasn't keen on spending £18/£19 for one.  So in the Debenhams sale I spotted a lip kit where you got a mini lip oil, a red lipstick (not my shade though) and two lip perfectors.  I didn't think the lip perfectors would be that moisturising as I thought they were more for colour.  But, the colour is very subtle, and they have sorted out my dry lips well.  I used to love Clarins products, their foaming cleanser was my favourite ever cleanser at one point.  

science_geek
Going Pro

Awh no! Don't worry @DJMcCumiskey!! That's such a good idea, sorry @Priya_13 definitely taken over your thread! 😂😂😂

That's fair enough, tbh £18 for a lip oil which is 7ml is quite costly I did have a really good think before I purchased mine so I completely understand. I think I know which set you're on about did it have a mascara too? Definitely, the lip perfectors are really moisturising and quite nourishing as well but yes, they aren't that pigmented so I sometimes use them before I put foundation and my whole base on so that when I get to lipstick my lips aren't dry. What put you off of using Clarins? My mum uses Clarins a lot especially the double serum! 

DJMcCumiskey
Beauty Icon

Having tested the lip oil again today @science_geek I can't say I'm that impressed tbh.  I found it didn't last that long on me, and didn't absorb as much as I hoped it would and didn't really do anything different that an ordinary lipgloss would do.  

I used to wear makeup everyday being in a customer facing role, and so needed a decent cleanser to be able to remove it all properly and found that Clarins was the best at the time.  But when I was no longer working at that job, I didn't wear makeup half as much and so just used cheaper drugstore face washes.  I also used their moisturiser which at the time I liked (although now I'm using Kiehls, I can see it wasn't half as good for my skin as my current cream is), but continued to chop and change trying other brands when I ran out.  Anyhow, about a year or so ago, I remembered I used to like Clarins and my Mam offered to treat me to some and there was an offer on, but when I tried it again I wasn't overly keen on it and felt that it wasn't doing anything for my skin and again much much cheaper moisturisers we're doing as good as if not better a job.  

I'll create a Kiehls thread then.  I've remembered 2 other products that I use and love!  

Priya_13
In the Spotlight

@science_geek I would only make a bit. 1 tsp of yoghurt with half tsp of turmeric and whatever else you want to add. Just make sure it's not too runny. I would do it a few a times a week but the results will take time, probably a couple months before you see a difference. 

science_geek
Going Pro

Sorry to hear that @DJMcCumiskey. Sometimes not everything’s for everyone so really hope you’re able to find a lip oil that’s comfortable and suitable for you. 

Ah, I see. I feel like I moved to Kiehl’s because of  how good they were at removing makeup especially the midnight cleansing oil. I was using Liz Earle before that and yes it was nice but didn’t do anything for my skin - if you know what I mean? It was More like maintaining my skin so I wanted something to help it further so moved to Kiehl’s 😊

I don’t personally use a lot of Clarins but I hear a lot of it from my mum who really likes it! I agree, I do feel that they aren’t the most fast resulting brand out there but I feel like in the end they do show results but quite slowly. They’re however incredibly expensive! I understand what you mean, you want that extra especially if you’re spending so much. 

Amazing, can’t wait to post my favourites too! ☺️