cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Body oil

science_geek
Going Pro

Hi @Priya_13, I'd recommend using the Kiehl's Creme De Corps nourishing body oil. It comes in a spray bottle and absorbs into the skin really quickly - do you currently purchase Kiehl's products? If so, ask for a deluxe sample of the nourishing body oil its about 40ml and it'll give you a really good idea of the smell, weight and feel of it. I'd also recommend using the Creme De Corps Soy Milk And Honey Whipped Body Butter - Kiehls - but, the whipped one it feels amazing it's so lightweight and fluffy literally like whipped cream! Don't get me started on the scent it's really sweet yet, subtle once it absorbs into the skin. Honestly, go to  a Kiehl's counter if you're out shopping just to try the nourishing oil and the whipped body butter! Smiley Happy 

Priya_13
High Brow

Thanks @science_geek I have a few Kiehls products, I like their face masks and I've tried their midnight recovery facial oil which is amazing. It's my birthday next week so I'll go and see if there's anything new to try and ask for the deluxe sample of the body oil too. 

DJMcCumiskey
Beauty Icon

I absolutely love Kiehls facial products, I have so many different ones, and I love them all.  However, I haven't really warmed to their body care items (even though I really want to!) I find their body butter smells gorgeous, but doesn't really seem to spread much when applied.  I do like the sound of their body oil though having just read up about it (after seeing it recommended on here), but in the reviews I've read the same thing about it not spreading that well?  I guess it'd be ok on targeted areas?  

science_geek
Going Pro

Sounds good @Priya_13! I use their Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Mask 125Ml - Kiehls and the Calendula And Aloe Soothing Hydration Mask 100Ml - Kiehls - that one is absolutely fantastic for dehydration! Yes, I'd totally recommend their midnight recovery facial oil and the Midnight Recovery Travel Size Botanical Cleansing Oil 85Ml - . - Kiehls - it's so good at wiping off makeup especially waterproof liner. Usually I can't get anything to take off my eyeliner with but, this is literally amazing. Awh, Happy Birthday in advance! When next week is it (if you don't mind me asking) 

Deluxe samples are always the best way to try out stuff. Personally I think Kiehl's are the best brand for samples they always appreciate you coming in for a consultation! Have you tried the new Youth Dose Miniature Size Eye Treatment 15Ml - Kiehls or the Herbal-Infused Micellar Cleansing Water 250Ml - . - Kiehls? They're both fairly new they came out towards the end of last year but I'm pretty sure that they are their latest products Smiley Happy x

science_geek
Going Pro

Couldn't agree with you more @DJMcCumiskey! Personally, I think Kiehl's is a good brand and shows results really quickly if I'm honest. I know what you mean about the body butter not spreading far - what I do it warm it in my palms first then smooth on to my arm, for example, then I'd press that in to the skin I notice that this works slightly better and helps it absorb. The nourishing body oil however, is in a spray form so I completely get what you mean with that but try mixing the whipped body butter and the spray in your hand together and then applying it - it feels awesome!! I think the oil spray definitely doesn't over-apply - so doesn't leave you greasy but you do need a good few sprays for it to be effective! I would totally recommend trying this out by trying a sample. if you use their products already (which you do!) next time you need something just ask the customer representative for a deluxe sample of the oil - I have one so they definitely do give them out. Do your local Kiehl's give you deluxe samples with purchases already? 

Hope this all has helped! Smiley Happy 

DJMcCumiskey
Beauty Icon

It has helped @science_geek thank you!  😊  

They do give samples out, and usually they're quite generous and accommodating too, although last time when I actually spent quite abit they didn't offer me any...although it was really busy (it was Boxing Day) so I didn't ask.  I usually would ask though, and had to ask the time before as I wasn't offered any then either but I think that was because they hardly had any samples to give out, and so I just got given some random stuff that wasn't necessarily suited to my skin.  

Does the oil leave a nice sheen on the skin?  

science_geek
Going Pro

Really glad it has @DJMcCumiskey! Felt like I rambled on a bit too far 😂😂

Sorry to hear that they didn't Smiley Sad unfortunately, I have to do all my Kiehl's shopping online on Debs.com because there isn't a Kiehl's in my local store and the next available one would be 1 hour away. I do though have a standalone store who are incredibly good like, their knowledge of the skin, products and conditions like eczema or acne is so good. I always like trying out samples of new things, but Kiehl's are really good in the sense that they have a 28 day money back guarantee if the products don't suit you or just don't show any difference to your skin - which I think is great and shows how much belief they have on their own products. Which products do you use? I use Midnight Recovery Travel Size Botanical Cleansing Oil 85Ml - . - Kiehls for removing my makeup it is sooo good and the Calendula Herbal Extract Alcohol Free Toner 500Ml - Kiehls, Ultra Facial Cleaner 150Ml - Kiehls, Ultra Facial Cream 125Ml - Kiehls. I have to say the Ultra facial cleanser for me doesn't really do much - but, I suppose not harming the skin is also a good thing! Smiley Happy 

So, the nourishing oil doesn't really leave a sheen if I'm honest unless you spray a good 6-7 spritzes but, otherwise no it's good at absorbing into the skin but, give it 20 mins and it'll leave the skin feeling really soft! Smiley Happy 

Priya_13
High Brow

@science_geek I have tried a sample of the Calendula And Aloe Soothing Hydration Mask 100Ml - Kiehls and I really liked it. I currently have the turmeric and cranberry face mask which really brightens the skin even though the cranberry seeds are tough to get off. I don't think there is a Kiehls counter in my local Debenhams, I'll have to try the city centre branch. I need a new eye cream so I'll go and ask for a sample before buying.

My birthday is next Sunday,  I'll be 45 😣😁🎂. I just tend to get money so I'll be going on a shopping spree on my own on the Monday after I drop my little one off at school. 

Highlighted

DJMcCumiskey
Beauty Icon

I always ramble on lol!  😂  @science_geek  

None of the Debenhams that I go to have a Kiehls, so when I go to Gateshead I pop into House of Fraser (although that is closing sometime next month I think), and the actual Kiehls shop in Newcastle.  If I don't get though, then I do order off Debs website.

Nobody had mentioned the 28 day returns policy to me until last time, I had no idea!  I think it's really good though, and like you say, shows they have confidence in their products.  It's a bit more inline with the American returns policy.  

I started off (and still use) by using the Ultra facial moisturiser, cleanser and toner.  I like the cleanser for when I have heavier makeup on, and didn't think any other cleanser would be as good...but that was before I discovered the Calendula cleanser which was recommended to me last time.  The guy also did a skin test (where they hold those two pieces of paper to your face to see how much oil comes out) and said my skin type was oily.  I always knew it leaned more towards oilyness, but thought it was more combination (as I do have dry patches too), but anyhow, he recommended the oil free moisturiser which is a gel consistency.  I've always avoided those types of product before, as I feel they make my skin feel dry, but you've got to give them time to absorb properly and do their thing I guess?  

I also use the Midnight Recovery Concentrate now and again too and I do like that as an extra treat for my skin, but I'm not too keen on the Midnight Recovery cleanser.  The eye cream what I use from them I actually got in my advent calendar, a full-size Avocado eye cream.  I'd used it before from a sample so I knew it was good.  I've got the lip balm and hand cream too (again out of my advent calendar), but I'm not sure if I think they're that good to repurchase? 

science_geek
Going Pro

Same @DJMcCumiskey! Well, I have one local Debenhams in Bristol and then another in Bath and like you said neither of mine have a Kiehl's either. Yeah, sometimes online ordering is just the best option tbh as much as I'd want to go in to store for the full experience! 

Definitely agree, in fact I think Debs do one too but, the Kiehl's one is guaranteed. Though Debs have the same policy I've noticed that the counter reps aren't very happy to do a swap/exchange/return which is odd since it's in their policy and advertised so much online! That's cool, I know absolutely nothing about American returns, but I'll check it out for sure. 

Nice, I use the Ultra facial cleanser and moisturiser. I tried the moisturiser with the SPF in but it felt quite thick and generally was breaking me out a lot so, I thought I'd leave it and stick to the normal one. I tried the calendula deep cleansing foaming face wash (what a long name!) and it just made my skin really tight, I have a  dry-combination skin type so dry on the cheeks but oily T-zone and even then I felt like that wash was quite striping for my skin. I love when they do the tab tests with the spots and stuff! I seem to be different in the winter so now I have even more dryness - weather related. My sister was recommended the ultra facial oil free (like gel) cream and It literally like water. I think they say its got 10% or something of glycerin in which is literally water based, it's very light I agree, maybe try pressing it in to your skin instead of smoothing? I use that method and I feel it absorbs in to my skin a lot better otherwise I was always left with a tacky-feeling on my skin which was horrible just felt like all the product went and sat on my face 😂😂

Ooh, love the midnight recovery concentrate but another really good hydrating serum is the Hydro Plumping Re Texturizing Serum Concentrate 75Ml - Kiehls - that's definitely 15% glycerin feels really lightweight on my skin and gives an all day hydrated feel! I use the midnight recovery cleanser at night the most to take makeup off, maybe if you're a more oilier skin type  it would block your pores further? 

Ooh, they're avocado eye cream is good but, is solely for hydration and sometimes I feel it doesn't help with my dark circles and bags and stuff. what is really good is the new Youth Dose Miniature Size Eye Treatment 15Ml - Kiehls. This has retinol in which is really good for anti-ageing and they've got cranberry seed extract (I think?) which is generally really nice and refreshing. I'd definitely try some out if you can. It is more pricier than the avocado eye cream but this one works a bit better in my opinion. 

I haven't tried the hand cream but, what's the texture like? Scent? I've tried their Buttermask For Lips 13.5G - Kiehls as a sample and yeah it's nice but I don't think I'd spend £22 on it. The Clarins Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil 7Ml - 01 Honey - Clarins I feel is much better in comparison and yes, it's slightly pricey at £17 but is totally worth it you only need a small amount, you can use it on top of lipstick as shimmer/gloss, it is totally hydrating, doesn't have a scent and the list could go on! Do you buy any Clarins products? If you do you could ask for a sample of this lip oil usually they give away a 2ml one (which doesn't sound like a lot but the original one is 7ml) and it's got a smaller wand so you could try it out. I don't know what the Kiehl's no.1 Lip balms are like but, for £10 I don't know if I would get it.

I really wanted to get the advent calendar but I felt for £70 something it was a bit pricey given that everything was pretty much sample sizes, but what other things were in there? Smiley Happy