cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bikini waxing

Leannekw
Beauty Crush

Hi guys, I'm thinking of getting regular bikini waxes to help reduce ingrown hairs.... anyone give me tips to help reduce the pain 😂 I've had them before so aware of the pain, and I know it gets easier more you get them done but I'm struggling to pick up courage to go 

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Bikini waxing

KarlaLou
Going Pro

I don't think I would be able to go through it @Leannekw ! I've read that you should take paracetamol  30 minutes before and use aloe vera straight after if that helps! XO

Alicekate85
Fresh Face

Im a beauty therapist and would recommend not having a wax just before your period and to also keep the hair trimmed. 

Ive been waxing myself for 17 years and find it quite therapeutic now 😆

Sam98
Getting Lippy

Eeeeek therapeutic??????

Sam98
Getting Lippy

I would say the longer the hair is the more uncomfortable it is and the more likely the hair is to break, bleeding and also the delicate skin to become damaged. I personally take paracetamol before the appointment and like others have said don’t near to your period ( THE DIFFERENCE IN THE LEVEL OF PAIN IS IMMENSE!!!).

Areej
Multimasker

@Leannekw I think waxing causes more Ingrown hairs (personally) I use the laser machine at home to get rid of unwanted hair, I’ve found it better and reduced the hair so much I hardly have any, it just hurts more when your on you monthly cycle so it’s do it before or after. I’ve ditched waxing for laser it’s seriously  good 

Highlighted

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

@Leannekw I'm with @Areej , laser also hurts less than waxing and is almost permanent. 

Zuzu
Multimasker

@Areej I've been on laser since February.. any tips? 

Like in the manual it suggests not further than the bikini line.. so i don't really know how to use it properly 🤦‍♀️😐 it sounds awkward to even say 😅

But yeah definitely laser reduces ingrown hair 

Areej
Multimasker

@Zuzu I haven’t ventured beyond the bikini line yet ☝️😂 but the things to avoid 

1. expensive ladies offering laser, they are a rip off and only apply coolants so the laser actually doesn’t work.
  2. avoid using cooling gels and aloe Vera after, it reveres what you have just done, the heat needs to sink into your skin for it to work.
  3. avoid buying machines with gel I had one and started off with that I felt it didn’t work as well and was very messy.
  4. you can get very good machines from amazon don’t go for cheapest they often don’t work, mine is nearly £400 but it’s worked a treat and I hardly have any hair left after using it.
  5. use it once a week or so, once hair is reduced  u can use it less often.
  6. the bigger the surface head the better you can get a bigger patch lasered 
  7. Avoid using it when it’s the time of the month, that’s when you skin is most sensitive and it hurts more, use it before or after.

thats all ❤️

Zuzu
Multimasker

Awwww @Areej great advise thank u so much.. i have the home one too it works but requires so much patience lol