cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Best makeup remover/cleanser

Priya_13
High Brow

@Pineapple  cotton wool is cheaper in the baby section rather than the beauty section but it is wasteful. I have used Liz Earle cleanse and polish which worked well except the muslin cloth needed washing quite frequently.  I like to double cleanse just to make sure all the make up is off, it has really improved the condition of my skin. 

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

@Priya_13 I don't use it too much anyway to be honest, Just to help remove my eye make up Smiley Happy. The muslin cloths are a bit of a pain but a good solution at least. And double cleansing is best, my skin feels the nicest and I have the least blackheads when I double cleanse Smiley Happy).

Paula1994
Beauty Crush

I do love the clinique take the day off balm if i fo have very heavy make up on.  For every day I use Clarins gentle eye make up remover and glamglow galacticlense jelly cleanser.

Priya_13
High Brow

@Pineapple I tried the face halo and it worked a treat.  All make up gone with water only.  You have to wash the thing before you first use it. It can be washed with a bit of soapy water in between washes in the washing machine. It can be thrown in with your regular wash but you can't use fabric conditioner. I was sceptical at first but I was really impressed how effective and quick it was cleansing my face. 

20190202_204913.jpg

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

@Priya_13 Do you know how many times can you use it before you have to throw it away? It looks so magical, let me know how your face is after a week or two. I wonder how well it actually cleanses Smiley Happy. xx

DJMcCumiskey
Glitterati

I find it hard to believe that water only would remove makeup?  I feel like it might get it off superficially, but deep down in the pores it might build up over time?  Definitely an interesting concept though!  How does it differ from say just using a flannel?

@Priya_13 

Highlighted

Priya_13
High Brow

@Pineapple  it can be washed 200 times before needs to be thrown away. I forgot to tone last night but that's a good check that make up has actually come off. It's double sided but I only needed one side to take all my make up off. I'll post an update in a couple of weeks. 

Priya_13
High Brow

@DJMcCumiskey  I've never used a flannel so I can't compare but it requires minimum effort even for my eye make up. It's something to do with the tiny micro fibres that pick up all the make up and dirt. I'll test for a couple of weeks and post an update as to how well or not so well it has worked. 

DJMcCumiskey
Glitterati

That would be interesting to read an update on it @Priya_13 😊  

My Dad had the most perfect skin, and he always used and recommended to use a flannel, and so on and off I just always have as it gives your skin a good but gentle exfoliation at the same time as cleansing.  I've just recently started using them again, and was pleased to read that Caroline Hirons uses them all the time and recommends them too!  

Sadia02
Nailing It

I swear by the FaceHalo microfibre pad. It is really gentle and soft on my skin but very thorough. I haven’t had one blackhead since using it! (Touch wood)