cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acne scars

Cierdh
Getting Lippy

Needing recommendations/tips on how to reduce or get rid of acne scars, is there any products that work best?! It’s the one thing standing between me not wearing makeup!! 😂

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Acne scars

MOL
Multimasker

Have you tried Bio Oil twice a day before applying a moisturizer?

It works for me as I have acne-prone skin and scars don't stay for very long.

Boss786
In the Spotlight

Hi im not sure if you have heard about baselift

Well they do a bundle called glow up skin acne an scar removel bundle an another one brighting bundle  both works wonders

Its a derma roller set.

At the moment you get 60% off with code modest60

I started this about 4 months ago an omg my scaring is amazingly reduced 

Go on their website an you can see cistumers reviews before and after pics i sent mine in 2-4 weeks results 

You can also see them on instagram

I recomend it an its £50 i think for all 4 items

Do some research i did quite abit then brought the bundle an didnt regret it i orderd another 1 when it was reduced 

Let me know what you think.

I am using the murad dark spot correcter aling side this aswel though but its up to self prefferance really what you would like to use but thats amazing aswel xx

SophieG1
High Brow

The only way to permanently get rid of them would be to have chemical peels and laser therapy but to make them less obvious there are a few things you can use. Vitamin C will brighten them so if they are like red/dark looking this will help. 

Azeliac Acid will also help to brighten the look of them making less obvious. 

There is also a cream called fade out that’s available in boots etc.  

You could also do your own mild version of chemical peels at home. 

Also with a lot of research you could use a dermaroller at home it will stimulate collagen production  but this will only help with scars that aren’t raised.  

When using products like vitamin c and acids it extremely important to remember a good sunscreen as they make you more sensitive to uv rays. 

Highlighted

Priya_13
Going Pro

I would go to a salon firstly and get some advice. There are lots of peels out there, Dermaquest have a really good range. Otherwise a course microdermabrasion would help as it really helps skin renewal. Otherwise there are lots of products out there. I would recommend Kiehls and decleor. Decleor do some amazing facial oils that help with scars but you will have to be patient with this method. 

sfbeautyxo
Perfectly Primed

If you’re looking for something to use at home I found that rosehip oil works really nicely to help clear up skin and marks x

Pineapple
Multimasker

Hey @Cierdh I found this really good and informative article about acne scars https://simpleskincarescience.com/pie-pih-acne-scar-treatment/ Smiley Very Happy. My spots are more of a PIH, I use vitamin C, some glycolic pads and the Murad - 'Age Reform' AHA-BHA exfoliating cleanser. I'm seeing some slow progress too! The Murad cleanser makes my skin look so much better almost instantly and I quite enjoy it, even though you are supposed to keep AHA/BHA on your skin rather than just cleanse with.

Like @SophieG1 said never forget sunscreen! Smiley Happy

KarlaLou
Total Glossip

@Cierdh I have these as well! Mine have ended up red patches mainly on my chin area. I've been using a dermaroller that I picked up from TK Maxx and bio oil twice a week. They improved massively at the start but seems to have slowed down - if you find anything that works let me know please. Like you it's the only thing stopping me from going make up free! 

MiaL
Multimasker

I don’t have scars on my face but I have them elsewhere and I’ve found glycolic and salicylic acids really help. I’d use an AHA/BHA serum and later use a face oil. It doesn’t have to be anything fancy, both the serum and something like a rosehip oil from The Ordinary will do just fine and not cost the earth.

Cierdh
Getting Lippy

No but I will thank you