cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Samples

Winging It

So with your shops being closed , to help not spread the virus.  Why can't you post the samples weekly to all card holders . Give us something to cheer us up . And be nice to continue it after lockdown . As a nurse I can't always go to shop on a Friday or Saturday due to my work .  What do others think? Come Debenhams cheer up your shoppers XX 

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted

Re: Samples

Beauty Crush

I think at this time we shouldn't be thinking about or asking for samples as Debenhams is shut and is not even making money with all this corona virus that is going on, we should be thinking of ways to keep ourselves safe, of course there are people that are still working such as postman who keeps putting their life in danger, however if I am 100% honest with you,  now is not the best time as are people simply trying to survive, so to ask for samples to "cheers" us up it shows no sympathy towards their situation.

Debenhams gave us a lot of samples for the past month and now it's our turn to support them without asking for anything in return, this community is great, lots of amazing people for us to connect with and that is truly amazing, a blessing, even being alive at the moment is our greatest gift one could possible have.

Sorry if I am coming out as rude, it really isn't my intention, just thought we shouldn't be asking for freebies at a time like this Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Glitterati

Well said @DalilaSeca and not rude at all, just sadly true ❤

Highlighted

Winging It

I wasn't trying to sound like that either I'm actual a nurse so I do know what it's like all to well and yes it's horrible and scary times , but just think in the future some poeple might not be able to get to thier shops so why not do them postal would be better for everbody , and also fair.  And keeping safe is what we all want.  We should all be supporting eachother and not taking swipes and I get what your saying . It's hard at the moment and poeple world's have been tipped upside down and it's not nice. 

Highlighted

High Brow

True @DalilaSeca 

Highlighted

Winging It

I completely  agree would be nice to give samples as they do not cost the store . I think it would be nice to cheer beauty card holders up at a time like this. Also if your a nhs staff Anne's oils and silk and bumble are giving hampers away to treat  yourselves at home.

#stayhome  #silkandbumble  #annesoils 

Highlighted

High Brow

@Lecky32 hi!

I'm a nurse in training so lovely to see another fellow nurse on here too!

Unfortunately with all this craziness going on, I haven't even given a second thought about samples, putting food on the tables and in my family's mouth is my first priority and honestly I'm happier knowing I've managed to get my weekly shop when I get a break from work than free samples.

Not only that but after all Debenhams have done with the past samples spoiling us, I think we owe it to them to be encouraged and support them in this very difficult time for businesses all around. They've got fantastic deals on at the moment so as long as you've got the spare money to shop, show Debenhams some support so the company doesn't go into administration, and hopefully we can still have our favourite high street shop around, who are always giving back to its loyal customers!

Highlighted

Winging It

I couldn't agree more 

Let's protect everyone in anyway we can 

Take care of everyone

We're in this together

Highlighted

Winging It

just to clarify I was agreeing with the post from daliaseca

No need for samples

Unnecessary post (think of the postal workers)

Drain on Debenhams in what must be a financially difficult time

Not classed as essential work for anyone 

Highlighted

Winging It

Well said.  I agree 100% with your comments.  Now is not a good time to expect any freebies from any businesses.  We need to support them through this awful situation.