cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

foundation

emz5
Fresh Face

does anyone have any suggestions for foundation? i have oily and pimply skin. i could do with something that didn’t look cakey either. 

9 REPLIES 9

Re: foundation

Nidgey
Getting Lippy

Have you tried Bare Minerals BarePro? I have oily skin with pimples and I really like this foundation as it stays put. I finish off with their Mineral Veil powder which really helps with the shine!

LauraJ1504
Fresh Face

I would make sure your skincare routine is down - if your skin is oily its still need moisture so something lightweight like a lotion.

Then Dior Forever Undercover is good for coverage without being cakey. Maybe try a primer too - Benefit Porefessional is a good one.

Highlighted

Vicky-D
Total Glossip

Hello Happy Travel Size Soft Blur Foundation 6Ml - Shade 01 - Benefit is good but lightweight so it depends what coverage you are looking for!

i would ask for a sample to try first before you spend your pennies 😄👍🏻

sfbeautyxo
Living the Highlight

If you're looking for something a bit more affordable you should try the Revlon Colorstay, with a powder on top and All Nighter Setting Spray 118Ml - Urban Decay it doesn't look cakey at all x

EmilyStuart1997
Fresh Face

Hey!

My skin sounds quite similar to yours, if you're looking for affordable, the LA Pro Matte HD Foundation is a dream, or the NYX total drop foundation is also fab for oily skin and you can make it sheer or full! Smiley Happy

PI
Nailing It

I have the same skin and love the too faced peaches and cream primer and fpundation, very matte and stays that way. I also use the finishing powder, smells good too

Chloe94
Nailing It

bourjois healthy mix foundation is good. I also use the cover fx matte setting spray thats good for oily skin 

Karen80
Fresh Face

First of all make sure your skin is moisturized. I made the mistake for years of thinking because my skin is an oil slick that moisturiser would make it worse. But actually not moisturizing makes it worse! Get a light moisturizer, theres plenty about now for oily skin. 

I also follow up with a pixi glow tonic as i find that helps keep it matte too.

For foundations  I love estee lauder double wear LIGHT,  the normal one is to heavy on my skin personally and feels a bit like a mask. Its stays all day with just a powder to the t zone as a top up.  For a cheaper version try  Revlon Colour stay in the oily/combo version.

Hope that helps! Ita take me 25 years to sort my face out so if i can get anyone else there quicker ha ha

Sunshine1
Fresh Face

My oily skin was controlled by Bare Minerals powder with SPF15. Left a nice shimmer to it without piling on more products.used a moistures underneath the powder. 

Ither one I love is Maybellind Super Stay- light but very effective