cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Winged Liner .... tips and tricks?

sfbeautyxo
Going Pro

Winged eyeliner.....I can never get it perfect. I’ve tried so many different types of products and various tips and tricks that people have shared like using tape, using a card and even a spoon to help get the right shape but nothing helps me lol I can never get it perfect or make it look half decent at least 😩😂 

What are the best tips/tricks that you’ve tried which have actually helped you to master winged liner?  

Also has anyone purchased the Quick Flick Eyeliner wing stamps? They look amazing on the Instagram videos but I’m not sure how they’d actually perform or if they’re worth it x   

34F5DC61-DACB-4626-BE8A-EA734C017191.jpeg

26 REPLIES 26

Re: Winged Liner .... tips and tricks?

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

@sfbeautyxo I'm in need of help here too. I think my biggest problem is I don't know at what angle to put it, nothing can save me unless I work this out Woman LOL.

Anniie
Multimasker

@sfbeautyxo @Pineapple I think best way is to use an angled brush, place it where you want ur wing, its will be even as its gona be only as long as the flas top of the brush if u know what i mean, so the wing will be equal on both sides, then do the rest with a normal liner x

Ashli
In the Spotlight

Start off with outlining the natural arch of your eye and then do a small smallll extension on both eyes. then fill in the wing as much as you want, inching there on both sides. 

you could tape the corners of your eyes and use the edges as a guide line to the wing (take it off afterwards of course) 
by the same method, instead of using tape, you can use the handle of a spoon.

you could draw dashed lines as guidelines instead of using a straight line. this is pretty helpful actually

you can draw in a light line with a pencil liner and then fill it in with liquid liner

The liner brushes are so much easier to control that liquid liner bottles with no stick thing if that makes sense. I'd invest in gel liner as well, as it is easier to apply and there's better quality control. 

I think that's all I know as far as tips go... dont forget to practice a lot! It doesnt take copious amounts of practice and once you get the hang of it, it's smooth sailing!

SilviaP
Going Pro

@sfbeautyxo  I have the "vamp stamp". I believe that's the name and is not worth it..... Is always messy but could be my fault.

I struggle with my wings too, I would say do with eyeshadow first to get things even and then go with a pen like KVD tattoo liner it helps for me. Don't get me wrong I still take a while but eventually get it. 

SophieG1
Beauty Icon

I can’t do it either mainly because I have hooded eyes 😭 but I was on the Debenhams insta live DaisyCR used a eyeshadow and it looked really good. So I’m going to try that at least with eyeshadow you can clean it up easily if you make a mistake 😊

sfbeautyxo
Going Pro

Me too, ones always pointing downwards and the other upwards 🤦🏻‍♀️😂 I try to use the end of my eyebrow as a guideline where to angle it but I can’t get it right lol 

sfbeautyxo
Going Pro

Ooh thank you for this I’ll try this out 🤞🏻 x

sfbeautyxo
Going Pro

Thank you so much for this! I’ve never tried drawing dashed lines actually I’ll definitely have to give this a try x

sfbeautyxo
Going Pro

Thank you for letting me know, I was actually looking into the vamp stamp but I think I’ll give it a miss now x