cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my foundation look caked even when I dont put that much on

Errin1008
Just Arrived

Everyone I wear foundation is always looked caked even thou I don't wear that much. I'm using a blinding sponge but it doesn't really do anything 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Why does my foundation look caked even when I dont put that much on

Vicky-D
Total Glossip

Have you tried using a primer? It also

may be that you are using a foundation that’s too heavy for your skin type, what foundation are you using ? X

ShoeGirl
Getting Lippy

I agree re the primer, also how well moisturised is your skin?  Could the foundation be clinging to drier patches?

a4lisha
Nailing It

Prep your skin beforehand. Moisturise well and then use a primer, personal favs are Benefit Porefessional or Too Faced Hangover primer.

When applying foundation, I pump 1-2 pumps of foundation onto my finger and dot it on my face rather than squirting the foundation directly onto my face (this way you're not using too much product and avoids looking and feeling cakey). If you need more coverage you can pump out more product and add it to the areas where you need more coverage.

I prefer using a beauty blender and spend a good few minutes blending out my foundation. I'll add a drop of Farsali Rose Gold oil whilst blending out my foundation to ensure it doesn't cling onto dry patches. 

MissJuls
Nailing It

A few things really make sure ur using the correct moisturiser u should be able to get advice on this from where u buy it, try using a primer, blend ur foundation with a damp beauty blender and don’t apply to much foundation in one go build it up if u need to hope this helps 😊