cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: No too faced products in Debenhams

Priya_13
In the Spotlight

@Pineapple its too dependent on the person serving you.  I find Kiehls to be the most generous but that's because I usually go back and buy. Dior, Lancome and Bobbi Brown  and Armani are happy to give samples of foundation. I find Chanel not very approachable and the white coats at Clinique make me nervous. 

It's easier buying online as a lot of companies like Mac, Ren and aveda will give you samples with purchases. 

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

@Priya_13 Yup and you don't have to enquire about them, they are there with the order, hassle free.

I once went past Clinique and got asked if I wanted to book in a 15 min free pamper session. So I agreed, she signed me up and when I went back 2 days later for it the woman acted like she had no idea what this was!! It was so off putting and weird :/. I've stayed away from them since then.

MiaL
Multimasker

@Priya_13 Too Faced is sold through Cult Beauty as well. If you know what shade you want, you could always order from them instead. No customs charge.

te06071
Nailing It

@Priya_13 I agree, my local store is very small so is rarely stocked up, but I know the Debenhams on Oxford Street london is always stocked so you might want to try there if you are local? 

Priya_13
In the Spotlight

@Pineapple I find clinique make up to be awful apart from their mascaras everything else I have tried from eye liners to lipsticks haven't been great.  I've had samples of their foundations numerous times but I've never gone back to buy, just awful. 

I would never have a free consultation or treatment. I was offered a mini facial at origins which I happily accepted and went back in my lunch break the following day.  The face mask really made my skin sting and I had to wash it off straight away then had to go back to work without any make up.  My surface pro at work logs me on using facial recognition and it doesn't recognise me without make up!!!

Priya_13
In the Spotlight

Thanks you @MiaL I never thought to try any of the beauty websites. I'll check it out now. I just need to find the bit of paper she wrote the shade on! 

Priya_13
In the Spotlight

@te06071 if I lived and worked in London I would be skint.  I'm up North in snowy Manchester. I've not tried the branch in the city centre but it snowed today and it's a 20 minute walk from the office.  I'll just call them up and check first. 

Priya_13
In the Spotlight

@MiaL cult beauty don't have the shade I want ☹ I'm nipping to Debenhams this week, see if they have had a delivery otherwise I'll keep on trying online. Thanks. 

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

@Priya_13 The only thing I repurchase from Clinique is the Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm 125Ml - Clinique and #Take The Day Off Makeup Remover For Lids, Lashes Lips - Clinique. But I've found the Bodyshop cleansing balm to be better so I'm probably not going back to Clinique.

Do you remember what face mask was it? I love the pink clay one, no stinging at all. I think normally sea stuff sting like crazy on my skin. Surprised the surface doesn't work too well. My Samsung phone works either way and with/without glasses too!

MiaL
Multimasker

@Priya_13 Aw, that’s a shame. I hope they get it in stock at your Debenhams ASAP.