cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

New Guerlain foundation

Priya_13
Living the Highlight

https://m.guerlain.com/uk/en-uk/make-up/lessentiel-natural-glow-foundation-16h-wear-spf-20

This foundation looks absolutely stunning and it comes in so many different shades. The packaging is beautiful too. It claims to give 16 hours natural wear and it has a spf of 20 too. The only down side is it's £44. 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: New Guerlain foundation

DJMcCumiskey
High Brow

Lovely bottle!  @Priya_13  My only worry with that would be is that it looks so glowy that I'd worry how it would react with my oily skin and if the sheen would be too much!  😬 

Priya_13
Living the Highlight

@DJMcCumiskey  me too, I have combination skin and I get a natural sheen to my skin even wearing matte foundations. I don't like it when there is a brush to buy with a foundation.  I once bought a bare minerals liquid foundation and the brush with it, the foundation was awful and I never used the brush, that was a total waste of money.  I wouldn't mind giving the foundation a go just to test how long it lasts. 

MOL
Multimasker

I wish Guerlain would also offer test samples like Dior and YSL. I would love to try the new L'essentiel foundation. Perfume from them is really great. 

Ashli
Living the Highlight

@Priya_13  that's a beautiful lookinfg foundation bottle I've ever seen! However I agree with @MOL that Guerlain should offer samples so can see if its worth the price. 

DJMcCumiskey
High Brow

It's a nightmare sometimes regarding combo/oily skin @Priya_13  Makeup starts off fine, gets a bit of a glow, and then turns into an oil slick by the end of the day sometimes!  😬 

I bought myself a brush the other day, never used one before but thought I'd give it a try.  I haven't used it properly yet, I just tried it with this particular foundation that I have but am hating right now but wanted to see if I could get it working properly for me.  The colour is spot on, but it's so damn watery, and sticks to any dry patches like a heat seeking missile! 😂  

Foundation is an absolute 👎but I'll give the brush a try with my proper foundation.  If I don't like it, I'll just use it for applying my liquid contour or something. 

Priya_13
Living the Highlight

@DJMcCumiskey  totally agree. I have used brushes, blenders and in the end fingers give the right application. I didn't persevere with blenders to be fair. I just need to be quick in the morning. I'm out of the house before 7am and I don't want to be faffing. I use urban decay all nighter spray which helps keep the make up on but by much time I have a shiny t zone. It's trial and error with foundation, the good thing is there are always new ones to try and the ones you use get upgraded. I hate to think how much money I have wasted over the years on dud products 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️🙄😀

DJMcCumiskey
High Brow

Same regarding beauty blenders @Priya_13 , I've never been a fan of them, and have always preferred to use my fingers.  

I bought some UD All Nighter spray, but haven't got round to using it yet.  😊