cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My wedding makeup

Emlou
Winging It

I'm thinking of doing my own makeup for my wedding, I need products that will last all day getting married at midday and finishes at 1pm so need staying power I've used double wear for 15 years and my skin has rejected it big time, I have oily acne prone skin so need coverage, looked online and people.say Dior, ysl and Mac studio fix so any help I will be very grateful I live in Cornwall so not that easy to get to a store but will be going to try some stuff out 

Tia 😊

19 REPLIES 19

Re: My wedding makeup

sfbeautyxo
Perfectly Primed

For Foundation you should definitely try the YSL All Hours Foundation, you can get colour matched and a free sample from your local counter. For lipstick I’d 100% recommend Everlasting Liquid Lipstick 6.6Ml - Bow N Arrow - Kat Von D or the Vice Liquid Lipstick 5.3Ml - 1993 - Urban Decay both of these formulas are long lasting, I never have to reapply and they feel super comfortable on the lips too! Also the All Nighter Travel Size Make Up Setting Spray 30Ml - Urban Decay is amazing and keeps your makeup in place and looking fresh all day.  Hope this helps and good luck!

KatieJay
Nailing It

I definitely agree with the YSL All Hours foundation. Best foundation I’ve used. 

Full coverage, lasts allllday I get up for work at 5.30am and it still looks nice at 5.30pm! It’s matte, yes still so natural looking and looks like flawless skin! And shades are fab. 

KarlaLou
Total Glossip

My go to make up during the heat wave was:-

#Too Faced Hangover primer

Too Faced Shadow Insurance,

Kat Von D eyebrow pencil

Urban Decay Naked 2,

Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner,

Urban Decay eyelash primer,

Too Faced Better Then Sex mascara,

Bare Minerals blush, bronzer and highlighted,

Kat Von D lipliner and liquid lipstick, and

Urban Decay all nighter setting spray.

Hope that helps xx

MiaL
Multimasker

Hi! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

I don’t have any specific products to recommend, I just wanted to advise you to use a setting powder that won’t cause flashback in photos. You can use google to find recommendations both for flashback free setting powder and wedding makeup product recommendations in general.

Good luck!

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Emlou,

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! 😊

Have you tried anything from Make Up For Ever? Their Ultra HD Foundation is meant to be perfect for not giving any flashback and it's really long-lasting. The range is designed for make up artists to use on photoshoots so perfect for a wedding! They've just launched a concealer to go with it too which is really high coverage - I've started using it and I really like it.

The Too Faced Born this Way range is similar too - both have a foundation, concealer, powder and setting spray. I'm sure they could book you in for a tutorial on counter if you were near a store? 

Excited to see what you go for! 😊

Emlou
Winging It

Hi EllenL 

No I haven't, do they have these counters in the stores do you know?

😊

YSL_Sheffield
First Base

Hello Emlou!

I would definitely recommend All Hours Foundation by Yves Saint Laurent. It is oil free, matte, 24 hour wear and works perfectly with the All Hours Primer which refines pores, fine lines and prolongs the wear of foundation. We also have the All Hours Foundation Stick which are super handy for touching up your makeup throughout the day! Pop and see your local YSL beauty advisor who will go through these with you in more detail and will also offer you a complimentary foundation sample for you to try before your big day. 

Congratulations on your wedding and let me know how you get on with the foundation if you try it!

Lots of love, 

Katie, YSL Account Manager, Debenhams Sheffield x

MiaL
Multimasker

@Emlou  I think they have Too Faced counters in quite a few Debenhams stores and I can personally vouch for the quality of their Born This Way range. It’s one of my all time favourite foundations.

Emlou
Winging It

Thank you for your response, is it long lasting?

X