cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

My favourite foundations.

SophieG1
Multimasker

Foundation struggles 🤚 we’ve all been there searching high and low for the “right one” some of us have been lucky and fallen in love some of us are still waiting for the right one come along.   

So I thought I’d share my top 2 with you, having been through the struggle searching google for a thousand and one comparisons.  

First is #Too Faced Born this way.  

Why I love it? The coverage is great it’s full coverage but not I’ve got 5 layers on coverage. A little goes a very long way.

The shade range covers everyone. 

It works well with oily skin #bonus! 

Negatives 👎 

whilst I don’t have much to complain about the one thing I have noticed is especially during winter my skin on my nose tends to dry and this mixed with the foundation makes it very noticeable however that is fixable.  

Would i I buy again? 

100% yes! I’d highly recommend this foundation it naturally applies better with a damp beauty blender.  

I use the shade Light Beige my skin colour is light/medium with neutral undertones . I tend to tan very well in summer.  

Second is #YSL Touch Eclat Le Teint. 

Why I love it? 

This foundation is something I thought would be impossible for me to use I thought having oily skin I’d never be able to use a foundation that was more dewy but this makes my skin dewy and keeps my oil at bay! (Miracles do happen). 

The coverage is medium perfect for more natural looks but still enough to hide imperfections. I find again a small amount really goes far but it’s buildable so if you want more coverage you can. The shade range again is great especially if you are of a sandy coloured skin tone.  

Negatives 👎 

I find it does dry faster than some foundations I have previously owned. 

Would i I buy again? 1000% tester pots will last ages with this so it’s definitely worth grabbing one.  I find it applies much better with my hands .  

I use the shade b40 for reference I’ve been matched to Mac NC25. 

Both have a slight fragrance but no over powering very much reminds be of baby wipes.

49244275-0355-4DEE-9621-F71D4199F03A.jpegYsl top - Too faced bottom.

826C63DE-ECE3-4456-A0D6-88C1A3095EEB.jpegBoth 30ml bottles.

75744041-3199-4561-8E0C-A404E118D886.jpegI think the Ysl wins for most stylish bottle.

12 REPLIES

Re: My favourite foundations.

MOL
Nailing It

Thansk for your review @SophieG1 .

I've never tried Too faced but thanks to YSL generous sampling, I've tried Touch Eclat Le Teint.

Having an oily skin myself, I can say that it is very buildable, and looks dewy throughout the day, without looking too shiny.

I am struggling between Dior Forever Glow and Touch Eclat Le Teint as they are both great. 

SophieG1
Multimasker

It amazing isn’t it us oily girls can go dewy rather than matte all day long! I have tried the door unfortunately the shade for me were all to dark but it’s a lovely foundation.  

It’s definitely worth trying too faced born this way it’s a great foundation to have when you feel you need that bit of extra coverage. Xx

Pineapple
Multimasker

Ooooh thank you for the recommendations! I tried to get a sample of Too Faced but they didn't have my shade, so I gave up on it.

I've tried YSL 24 hour I think? And wasn't too keen, probably because the shade was wrong again. I find myself disliking my DoubleWear more and more lol, and wanting something less powdery and more dewy, maybe YSL is the answer! x

SophieG1
Multimasker

@Pineapple  could it have been the matte version all hours? the sample size is so generous you really get a lot to try it and the little stick is much easier than a pot to scoop it out! 

Pineapple
Multimasker

@SophieG1 Very likely, I know the pots and love them too. I know my EL sample lasted like forever Smiley Happy.

SophieG1
Multimasker

i found it really difficult with estee lauder to the right match even with the machines they use it was either too dark or too light but the lady on the Ysl counter matched me perfect without even testing it in store.  

Pineapple
Multimasker

@SophieG1 I think the problem with machines is that skin is not same everywhere, for me at least I have plenty of dark spots/redness and I can be any colour match this way haha (crying internally xD). You have given me hope now!!

SophieG1
Multimasker

I agree I also think the lighting doesn’t help either some shops are really bright other like the Debenhams in the bullring is quite dark. I always thought the machines would be spot on but I never thought of it until you mentioned as my skin tone is uneven as well. 

SmileyShazza
Total Glossip

I really liked the YSL Touche Eclat foundation when I tried it. The colour was a bit dark (my friend gave me a bottle that was too dark for her) but I added lightning drops to make it workable. I keep meaning to go in and get properly colour matched as I think I might like to give it a try in the correct shade for me.