I am a man who wears a little makeup, however next week I have a bit of time so plan on giving my self a full makeup makeover. I have watched loads of YouTube videos but any support you can give or even a tutorial I would love to hear from you.
it all really is practice. there is no right or wrong way to do make up, if its your first time using foumdation i would recomend medium coverage and full coverage foumdation might be too heavy for firs time. I would say do your eyebrows and eyes first before puting foundation on so you wont need to deal with any fallout, you can just wipe it and start doing your foundation. As of for eyes it depends what colour eyes you have, if they are blue would probably advice you to do them in oranges reds and/or browns as they will enhance your eye colour. if they dark you could use some nice greens or purples. of you want your eye to open more use white pencil on bottom water line. I could go on for hours and hours but it really depends what you specifically looking for xx
Get your tools and make sure their clean. Beauty blenders can be a dream to use when wet but you can use it dry too. Do your skincare at least 15 minutes before your makeup do that it has enough time to dry and skin into your skin.
Here are the products I would say to use to get that full face makeup look:-
1. Primer. It will get your makeup to last longer, look better and create a barrier between your makeup and skin. Choose one that works for your skin type.
2. Foundation. I would say choose buildable foundation so you can get the coverage you like. I have found matte foundation wears a lot better than dewy. Liquid is also very easy to use compared to powder and cream.
3. Concealer. Get 1-2 shade lighter than your skin which will look at lot more natural in person and pictures. You should set this with a similar shade powder. If your undereye is dry use a pressed powder, alternatively loose powder should be
4. Contour. Adds depth, dimension and shadow. This should be cooler in tone, think gray. It will slim down any area you apply it to, like cheek hollows or sides of your nose.
5. Bronzer. This gives you warmth and tends to be browny orange. It can give you a tanned look. Looks great on the forehead and jaws.
6. Highlighter. If you want to glow add this to the bridge of your nose, Cupid bow, inner corners of eyes and tops of cheek bones. There are lots of formulas. Cream and liquids can be a bit more forgiving and easier to use. Powders can be bold and long wearing.
7. Blusher. Again like highlighters creams can give a gentle glow and powders can be very powerful. The colour you use is up to you. I would say avoid blushers with glitter or shimmer because when paired with highlighter it can look a bit much.
8. Setting powders or finishing powders. This will set your face for the day and keep your complexion intact. Translucent is always best but isn’t the same across the brands. Let me know if you want some. suggestions. A powder puff will be lovely to use with loose powders for a smooth look.
9. Eyeshadow. There are a huge range of products to choose from. Warm palettes tend to be very common and flattery for all eye colours. Palettes offer a good range of colours and tend to be very affordable compared to singles. Please remember to prime your lids to increase longevity and vibrancy. My go-to is urban decay original eyeshadow primer. I found it works with every eyeshadow I own, they also come in a travel size and have few different type on your skin.
19. Eyeliner. Liquid can be very finicky but will always look good. Kat Von D does quite a bit that’s very good. Alternatively pencils are easy to use and give a great smokey look. Checkout Bobbi brown or nyx for a range of colours.
20. Mascara or lashes. That’s down to you boo. If your using mascara wipe the wand before you use it through some tissue and wiggle from the base of your lashes to the end. With lashes make sure they fit your eye length, if they don’t cut from the outer corner, never inner corner. Fluffy lashes have different lengths of lashes on it and looks very natural. Also the duo lash glue with green writing last very long. You can use the brush to wipe the glue onto the lash band, wait a few seconds then apply to your lash. Go back over your eyes with black liner to blend everything. To remove apply some micellar water on a cotton pad, hold for a minute on your eye and the lash should loosen.
21. Lips. I think lip pencil, lipstick and a bit of gloss always look glamorous. Go for a darker lip pencil than your lipstick to define your lips. Do the shape you like on your lips. Apply your lipstick to the center of your lips and blend towards your lip pencil line. Top with a little bit of gloss in the middle. Formulas vary a lot for example Mac glosses are sticky in texture where’s Lancome isn’t, Nyx have glosses that have a lot of colour and some that are sheer.
22. Setting spray. This bad boy should be sprayed after to set everything. Some people like to spray it after they do their face, others after they done everything or before they apply mascara to their lashes. Urban decay is very good for this and have one for every type of skin and finish.