cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make Up help

gemhay182
Just Arrived

Hi

I am new to foundation and have only ever worn eye shadow, mascara, brow products and blusher.

I have started using the Doublewear Light which seems to suit my skin on a day to day basis. However when i try to do a more glam approach it doesn't seem to cover the lines under my eyes, so i had seen some people use a concealer.

I have tried using concealer, but it's just goes all claggy and looks a mess. Can anyone advice how to make the area around my eyes look flawless.

I use clinique smart moisturiser, serum and eye cream.

Thanks in advance

Gemma

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Make Up help

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

Hey Gemma, have you tried using a primer? Their purpose is to prepare your skin for foundation and help with smooth looks.

What concealer was it? It could have simply not been the right one for you.

A few good primers are:

The Porefessional Travel Size Pro Balm Primer 7.5Ml - Benefit - you can get a mini to try and see if it works for you at not high of a price,

Optical Illusion Complexion Primer Travel Size 15Ml - Urban Decay,

what I currently use is Spackle Neutraliser Colour Correcting Under Make Up Primer 59Ml - Laura geller.

Hope this helps! x

StephHS90
Beauty Crush

Yes I agree a primer would definitely give you a even and softer base, keeping that make up in place.. as for the concealer if your looking Debenhams I’d say Nars or even Mac Pro longwear.. if outside then Tarte or Huda (of course I’m suggesting this😂) overachiever concealer (look it up for results) 🙌🏽 

Let us know how you get on xx

Paula1994
Beauty Crush

I would advise maybe try using less concealer and build up coverage in places you need instead of putting layer of concealer. You could try using primer, depends on your skin type, smashbox and make up forever have some amazing primers. Also maybe a little bit of setting powder to set the concealer so it doesnt crease, currently in love with Kat von D setting powder because it reflects light a bit so theres no signs of tiredness or undereve shadows ❤❤

MiaL
Multimasker

When you find a concealer that works for you, set the concealer with a  dusting of powder. It helps the concealer stay in place, rather than collecting in the small creases under your eyes.

MrsD
Total Glossip

Are you putting the concealer on first? I believe that it should go on on top and just a tiny amount. I love It concealer.

Highlighted

Leanne
Getting Lippy

It might be worth having a look at a few YouTube tutorials to see if you are applying correctly and it will give you a idea if you are applying to much or to little and will help with blending correctly x