cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: LIVE Q&A: Ruth Crilly - Model & Beauty Blogger

First Base

Thanks a lot for your recommendations! I'm also quite dry, so hopefully these won't settle in my dry patches Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Getting Lippy

@SavitaM wrote:

Hi again Ruth, my Mum is in her 60’s and has great skin, but it’s slighlty dry. Can you suggest any light foundations with any anti-ageing properties please? Thanks x

Hello @SavitaM! I would tend to focus on my skincare for the anti-ageing properties and then just look for what you want in terms of finish and comfort when you come to the foundation. If it's slightly dry and she just wants light coverage then I'd say Clarins Skin Illusion would be gorgeous as it doesn't even really feel like foundation. It's also not too spangly or glimmery, which can look slightly odd as you get older. It just enhances good skin, which sounds as though it would be perfect for her. Also Clinique Even Better Glow and Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue. I feel as though I've recommended those loads here today but they are brilliant if you want a comfortable feel! x

Highlighted

Multimasker

Thank you so much 😊 I will let my mum know your suggestions! 

Highlighted

Getting Lippy

@CharlDN wrote:

Thanks a lot for your recommendations! I'm also quite dry, so hopefully these won't settle in my dry patches Smiley Happy

@CharlDN - they won't, but make sure you prep your skin first with a really good moisturiser, especially on the drier areas! 

Highlighted

Beauty Club Crew

Sheer coverage but blurring imperfections sounds perfect for what I need!! I'll definitely look into both - Thanks so much! ❤

Highlighted

Fresh Face

Hiya Ruth (AKA Silly Crilly 🤣)

just to say loving your work - what’s your all time favourite flattering foundation? 

Ps your skin always looks fab

Highlighted

Getting Lippy

@NadineBaggott wrote:

Hiya Ruth (AKA Silly Crilly 🤣)

just to say loving your work - what’s your all time favourite flattering foundation? 

Ps your skin always looks fab

@NadineBaggott trust you to ask me to pick a FAVOURITE foundation, which is akin to picking a favourite child! HAHA! I reckon Dior Forever does a pretty amazing job at making me look airbrushed. But then if I want dewier, Teint Idole is also up there... Pick yours, then. Money where your mouth is, etc: 

Highlighted

Just Arrived

Hi Ruth, I bought Perricone MD No Make Up Foundation. I am just wondering if you have ever used it. I used it for the first time today and I was a little disappointed. I know it's a No Make Up look but I thought the coverage was poor. It says to apply it with your fingers so I don't think using a brush would make much difference. I would be interested to hear your thoughts.

Highlighted

Fresh Face

Hi @modelrecommends Ruth Smiley Happy 

I love your blog! I wanted to ask a question about concealer and foundation.

Do you always need a seperate concealer? I have dark / grey bits in the corner of my eyes and never know how to cover them up! Also does concealer go on first or foundation?

Thanks

Ami 

Highlighted

First Base

hi, i find that my foundation doesn't last all day, I use giorgio armani luminous silk but I don't use a primer because i find that the foundation 'bobbles' with it underneath- pls advise! x