cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

LIVE Q&A: Ruth Crilly - Model & Beauty Blogger

Getting Lippy

Hi Everyone, 

I'm Ruth Crilly from A Model Recommends and I'm here today to answer all of your foundation questions! Whether you need to know about coverage or how to make your foundation last all day, I'm here to help. To ask me a question, press the reply button below and I'll answer as many as I can... 

51 REPLIES 51
Highlighted

Re: LIVE Q&A: Ruth Crilly - Model & Beauty Blogger

Winging It

Hi Ruth, I love your insta!! I usually wear double wear but am going on holiday and want a full coverage foundation that doesn't feel too heavy or make me look shiny. Any suggestions? Also a pressed powder suggestion would be amazing too! xxx 

Highlighted

Winging It

Hi Ruth,

I'd really love to know what you steps you recommend to ensure you have a good coverage that can last all day? Are there any products I should be using or is there a technique to keep up a good coverage? Thanks!xx

Highlighted

Winging It

Hi Ruth! I have fairly oily/blemish prone skin, is there a foundation you can recommend that will give me good coverage? Thanks!

Highlighted

Total Glossip

Hi ☺️ Please can help? I have religiously been a liquid foundation wearer but now I’m nearing 40 I’m finding that it’s just not looking it’s best.. I am dreaming of a dreamy dewy look to my skin but can’t find a foundation that works. Should I be considering some kind of powder based foundation or do you think that’ll make the problem worse? Please help 😊

Highlighted

Beauty Club Crew

Hi Ruth!

I'm looking to move away from fuller coverage foundations (I used to wear MAC Pro Longwear), and want a lighter more natural looking foundation / CC cream to give a comfortable feel and healthy-looking base that I can build upon with concealer where needed.

Which foundations or CC creams would you recommend? I'm looking to spend <£30. Thanks!

Highlighted

Multimasker

Hi Ruth, I have very oily skin and nothing seems to keep my oil at bay.  What primer do you suggest I use to make my foundation last as long as possible? Thanks 🙂

Highlighted

Getting Lippy

@Georgia wrote:

Hi Ruth, I love your insta!! I usually wear double wear but am going on holiday and want a full coverage foundation that doesn't feel too heavy or make me look shiny. Any suggestions? Also a pressed powder suggestion would be amazing too! xxx 

Hi @Georgia ! Oh, there are so many gorgeous foundations that have full coverage but a really radiant, natural finish. Where are you going on holiday (being nosey!)? I think that Bare Minerals BAREPRO could be lovely - it's lightweight but great coverage and doesn't feel claggy or heavy....

Highlighted

Fresh Face

Hi Ruth, I love your blog ! 

What would you reccomend for daytime use ?A lightweight foundation or a powder?  

My skin feels a bit dry at the moment so what would you suggest 

thanks 

Sarah Smiley Happy xx 

Highlighted

Fresh Face

Hi Ruth, I love your blog ! 

What would you reccomend for daytime use ?A lightweight foundation or a powder?  

My skin feels a bit dry at the moment so what would you suggest 

thanks 

Sarah x