cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: LIVE Q&A - Lisa Potter-Dixon, Head makeup artist for Benefit Cosmetics

charlotte_t
Getting Lippy

Hi Lisa - my brow products are literally my desert island must have! What would be yours? Xx

lisapd1982
Just Brows-ing

@JennnCore wrote:

Although not exclusively a make up question, I would love to know how long you've been the head make up artist for such an amazing brand. You are absolute career goals 😍❤

I've worked for benefit for over 10 years and started on the shop floor. Theres a whole podcast on my career on mine an d Hannah Martin's podcast, Life and lipstick if you want to check that out, as its wayyyy too long to explain on here! ha! xx

JennnCore
Glitterati

@lisapd1982 wrote:

@JennnCore wrote:

Hi Lisa!❤

Contouring! What advice do you have for someone that totally struggles to contour? Asking for a friend. The friend is me 😂

Ha! love that! Contouring doesn't have to be hard. You can do a soft contour by using your bronzer in a figure of 3 either side of the face. start at the forehead, go under the cheekbones, and then under the jawline. Sweep a bit down the neck too. Add highlighter on cheekbones, nose and top of lip. Hoola bronzer and watts up highlighter are my fave xx

Thanks Lisa 😘

lisapd1982
Just Brows-ing

@SophieG1 wrote:

Hey Lisa thanks for doing this 😊 I would love  to know apart from Gimme brow which I already use,

What other brow products would you recommend for someone who struggles with brows?  

P.s loved seeing all the posts from the influencers on the trip to Mexico to celebrate the launch of the new Hoola bronzers 😍

Hey Sophie. I LOVE Precisely  my brow pencil.it has an ultra thin tip so you can create hair like strokes really easily. Its so great under gimme brow. I then like to set it with the 24hr brow setter. PERFECT BROWSSSSS! Ps: Mexico was awesome thank u! xxx

lisapd1982
Just Brows-ing

@Etuley wrote:

Hi Lisa,

How do you fill in your brows to look full but still really natural?

Gimme brow is your best option. Its a fibre gel that mimics the appearance of real hair. Go away from the hair first and then back with the hair to coat it from route to tip. This will give you a full, natural finish. You could also try having your brows tinted at one of the Debenhams brow bars. This is an amazing way to get fuller looking brows. Oh and in May, all profits go to Benefits Bold is beautiful charity project! Woo!! xx

lisapd1982
Just Brows-ing

@Pineapple wrote:

Hey @lisapd1982  Heart. My question would be the same/similar to what @SophieG1 and @Etuley are asking, what is the product that can help someone who is really bad at doing brows do them nicely in a natural way, not looking for a defined brow, just something tidier! Smiley Happy And what is your best tip for getting a nice subtle winged liner? Heart

Check out my brow answers above. For a subtle liner, use an eyeshadow rather than an eyeliner. or go for a brown liner. I heart roller liner as it has a super thin tip xx

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lisa 

What tips and tricks do you have to shake up your everyday makeup look so you don't look samey-samey on a day to day basis... thanxxxx 

lisapd1982
Just Brows-ing

@MFbeauty wrote:

Your brows and lashes are stunning, I was wondering what mascara you use to do your lashes as they look so long and lush I’ve been meaning to try the benefit roller lash but haven’t yet purchased it 😍x

Thank you! My secret weapon is Bad gal bang. Honestly, I'm obsessed!! it's super jet black and extremely volumising. Its my fave! xx

lisapd1982
Just Brows-ing

@SarahS wrote:

Hi Lisa 

What tips and tricks do you have to shake up your everyday makeup look so you don't look samey-samey on a day to day basis... thanxxxx 

Oh heyyyyy Sar! Add some colour. Try a bright lip or even a coloured eyeliner. Even something as simple as changing your blusher tone can make a huge difference. Our Cheerleaders palette is AMAZING, as it has 3 blushers, 1 bronzer and a highlighter. This means you can mix and match your blush and even custom blend your own! It's my fave palette xx

lisapd1982
Just Brows-ing

@SparkyJ wrote:

Hi @lisapd1982 

like the other lovely ladies would love to know the easiest foolproof brow product to use.

also which primer is recommended for sensitive combination skin?

xx

Gimme brow is easiest, as is our powder which is actually called Foolproof because its that easy!!! Primer wise, porefessional is fab. It takes away excess oil and minamises the appearance of pores and fine lines. Its a beauty xx