cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone tried The Ordinary foundation yet?

bonnieburton
Nailing It

I keep seeing it advertised everywhere and it's only £6... is it any good? Am looking to expand my foundation horizons beyond my knackered bottle of UD Naked 😂

26 REPLIES 26

Re: Has anyone tried The Ordinary foundation yet?

Areej
Multimasker

@bonnieburton I’ve seen it everywhere too, I think I’ve stuck to the same foundation for so long I’m too scared to try others.

bonnieburton
Nailing It

@Areej I'm in the same boat!! But summer is coming and I might need to go a shade or 2 darker and this monthly challenge has inspired me haha

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

As much as I like them and I've heard good things about them, I think I'll be looking for one with at least 30spf next! Smiley Happy xx

Beauty1
Multimasker

@bonnieburton , Is the Ordinary the company that makes products for so many brands under their own umbrella ? I always found that company rather confusing, I think Deciem is connected to them. 

I use Bare Minerals Original SPF and alternate it with Laura Geller Balance and Brighten which are both great coverage, plenty of shades, good for the skin. Smiley Happy

Priya_13
High Brow

I haven't tried it @bonnieburton but I know QVC do a bundle foundation deal with primer and something else.  It's a pretty good deal but it looks like most of the shades have gone.  

https://www.qvcuk.com/The-Ordinary-4-Piece-Foundation-Collection.product.235334.html?sc=NAVLIST

DJMcCumiskey
In the Spotlight

I wasn't overly keen on it @bonnieburton , if I remember correctly, it was abit thick?  I think I also got the wrong colour, so it could have been that that influenced my view on it.  

bonnieburton
Nailing It

@Priya_13 That's what got me started because it's a bargain! But you're right, they are out of my shade 😭

Boss786
Beauty Icon

@bonnieburton  hey yes i was on the thousands of people waiting list lol

I got 2 colours and you know what coverage wise it was brilkant but yes really thick

They had the serum light versiin aswrl but i wanted full coverage i just pucked like what tone undertone i wanted basicaly nuteral undertone with yellow ir pink or golden 

Its quite easy to pick 

I did alot of you tube reserch like looking at people with same kindda tone i wanted an see there youtube viedos

Colour was bang on but just toooo thick fir me

£5:30 its goid to try and im sure its free delivery on some websites like look fantastic 

Justmylook and many more

It has spf15

bonnieburton
Nailing It

Thanks @Boss786 very good to know! I was going to go for the serum because I don't like full coverage foundation, but I am not confident I can choose the right shade for my skin!