cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foundation

Liviep
Fresh Face

So I have extreme combination skin, very oily, some very dry patches and also spot prone. Can anyone recommend a foundation with med/high coverage that won’t look cakey on me?

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Foundation

MissJRazzell
Just Arrived

I have exactly the same type of skin!

I found the Urban Decay All Nighter foundation is really good. You really don't need to use that much for natural coverage. Its a good day to night foundation, as you can build it if you want. 

I also spoke to a lady in Liz Earl about moisturizers and she said that if you have combination skin you should be adjusting the amount of cream you put on each part. e.g. my chin gets quite oily, so she said not to put as much moisturizer on this section, whereas my cheeks may need more. I'm in the process of experimenting with this.  

Highlighted

Vicky-D
Total Glossip

Have you tried to use different moisturiser on different parts of your face, will cost more but I find it works!

i always use la Roche posay anti blemish cream on my chin and Kiehls moisturiser everywhere else 

xx

diaryofsecrets
Winging It

I have the exact same problem. No matter how much pore filling primer I use, I'm so oily that everything makes my face so cakey and makes my pore look like craters and it makes me feel so gross and self conscious. 

The foundations I find work well however are the Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation, YSL All Hours Foundation and the new Revolution Foundation. They keep me so matte!

Rutiledquartz
Nailing It

@diaryofsecrets @Liviep @MissJRazzell

Give Tarte time less Smoothing primer. 

I have acne scars, deep pores that are aging. (Yay) and nose piercing scar. 

After hundreds of pounds on primers etc I have found the best beat face combo for me. Naturally what works for me won't work for everyone...

This is mine in the following order:

cleanse and tone with alcohol free toner.  I use Paula's choice resist cleanser and Thayers rose toner.

Urban decay B6 spary

The ordinary Hyaluronic acid + b5 

Paula's choice resist moisturizer and SPF 50 for oily skin.

Allow to sink in then...

Too faced peach perfect setting powder lightly brushed over the skin, not pressed in. 

Tarte timeless smoothing primer, apply with warm fingers and then tapped in with a sponge

Dust again with TF peach powder

TF hangover spray (just a little) 

Wait to dry

Base layed down,,, move on to what you like. 

Best pore filling foundation IT cosmetics CC Matte 40spf. 

Deep pores? What pores? 

Xx

sfbeautyxo
Living the Highlight

I have the exact same skin type to you I’ve found that the Hangover Face Primer 38G - Too Faced works AMAZING for the dry patches, it doesn’t let foundation cling to that area. For foundation I use the Revlon Colorstay and after applying powder and All Nighter Setting Spray 118Ml - Urban Decay it doesn’t look cakey at all. Hope this helps x

emz5
Fresh Face

definitely born this way foundation by too faced. i have been using it for several months now and it is a must have for oily skin!! it’s not to heavy on your skin and it has medium coverage. i promise you won’t regret buying it!!

Nidgey
Getting Lippy

Sounds just like my skin. I use Bare Minerals BarePro followed by mineral veil powder to keep shine at bay.

Loveabitofthat
Fresh Face

Too faced born this way foundation. Not cakey at all and a beautiful finish. I own this myself. Easily mixes in amazingly with other foundations too. I sometimes mix it in with the Estée Lauder double wear foundation when I don’t want such matte face. 

SJW
Nailing It

A decent moisturiser may help. Clarins Hydra-Matte Lotion for combination skin is great!