cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foundation recommendations please

Priya_13
Multimasker

Hi and happy New year. I'm currently using Dior backstage in 3.5 N. Coverage is pretty light but the shade is a little dull. I want something closer to my skin tone and it brightens my face too. 

Foundations I don't want to buy that I have tested in the past and they haven't suited me. 

1. Any clinique foundation.

2. Fenty 

3. Mac studio fix

4. Lancome

5. Charlotte Tilbury 

Thanks 😁

16 REPLIES

Re: Foundation recommendations please

Pineapple
Nailing It

I quite like the 'Double Wear' Light Stay In Place Spf10 Liquid Foundation 30Ml - Intensity 0.5 - Estée Lau... but not everyone does! Maybe check out the Giorgio Armani foundations, I've heard many good things but never tried them myself Smiley Very Happy. x

DJMcCumiskey
Multimasker

At the moment I'm using the Beauty Pie Everyday Great Skin Foundation, which apparently is basically the same as the Giorgio Armani luminous silk foundation.  

Ive never tried the GA one (too expensive for me at £42!!), but if it's true that they are basically the same formula, then it really is good in every way.  Matches my skin tone well, adds brightness, goes on well, and stays on well with decent coverage.  

But I guess it all depends on how much you're wanting to spend on it, because £42 is pretty steep!  

@Priya_13

SophieG1
Multimasker

Ysl gives a nice luminous look. 

15D99F98-3FD9-4243-9BA2-46CA0A098726.jpeg

StephHS90
Total Glossip

You can always add/ mix some illuminating drops to get that glow, Cover FX ones are great. For a change in foundation YSL lightweight is really nice but is really light so depends how lightweight you want it 🙈 xx

Highlighted

Priya_13
Multimasker

@Pineapple I've tried the double wear light, there are not many foundations I've not tested 😁 

@DJMcCumiskey  I got colour matched at the Giorgio Armani counter yesterday and the lady was very helpful and gave me a little pot of their most popular foundation to test. I tried it out today and although the match and application was pretty good, it became a bit patchy towards the end of the day. I'll give it another go tomorrow. £42 is a bit steep to be honest but my birthday is coming up this month so I could splash out.  Sorry for the close up!

IMG_20190103_113516_317.jpg

Priya_13
Multimasker

@StephHS90 I've tried the YSL all hours foundation (I think that's what it is called) but again made my skin look dull.

@SophieG1 I've never tried illuminating drops, I will look into it

SophieG1
Multimasker

This one looks lovely one you 😊 the all hours is different from the ysl teint touche eclat. I first brought the all hours and honestly it was awful made me patchy within hours. ysl teint touche eclat Gives more of a dewy finish rather than matte. X

DJMcCumiskey
Multimasker

When your skin looks that good, close ups are allowed! @Priya_13  👍  Like you say, it looks to be a good match and coverage, and if you can't treat yourself on your birthday then when can you?!  

I'm currently working my way through my beauty pie sample pack to find the best shade so I can order a full-size foundation.  I thought I'd found the perfect colour, but my Mam said it looked a bit pale.  

But it in terms of staying power and not oxidising (which can be a big problem for me being oily skinned) it appears to be just what I'm looking for.  

Priya_13
Multimasker

@DJMcCumiskey thank you,  urban decay optical illusion hides a multitude of sins. I tried the Giorgio Armani again today and although the shade is perfect I had the same problem as yesterday as my make up looks patchy by the end of the day. I'm undecided whether to invest yet. I might try and get a sample of the Kat Von D lock it foundation, that's another brand of foundation I haven't tried.  I've had foundations in the past which have been too light and I tried using bronzer to get the tone right but I just ended up looking like my face was dirty 🤷‍♀️