cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eyeshadow tips/tricks💡

BeautySeeker-03
Multimasker

I actually can't remember the last time I applied my own eyeshadow.. I have been watching many tutorials (they make it look so easy😫) but was looking for some makeup tips & tricks... any ideas guys? 💡😁

28 REPLIES 28

Re: Eyeshadow tips/tricks💡

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

@BeautySeeker-03 What are you struggling most with? May be easier to help if we know Smiley Very Happy. x

BeautySeeker-03
Multimasker

@Pineapple  well I'm a total beginner so everything really 🙈 applying etc 😫😁😁 x

KarlaLou
Going Pro

@BeautySeeker-03 I tend to use 4 shades:-

A nude colour similar to my skin colour all over the lid

A medium colour in the crease

A shimmer on the whole lid

A dark colour on the outermost corner (only a small bit) and

Then blend with a clean brush.

It's very quick and easy. It works for me so hopefully it does for you XO

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

I'm no eyeshadow master but maybe starting with just 1 colour on the lid is a good idea. Do you have any brushes? You masters help here please @Anniie @Boss786 @Priya_13 @Julia @JennnCore Woman LOL.

Highlighted

Priya_13
Beauty Icon

@BeautySeeker-03  I'm a novice too with eyeshadow but you need some good brushes. I like real technique bleu but I also got a whole set of really lovely brushes from Amazon for £12.50. 

I like to use a pretty neutral colour on my eye lid and then use a darker shade as eye liner for my top lid and line the bottom eye lid in a different shade. If I'm using a sparkly shade I tend to dab a bit in the corner of my eye. 

If you want to make it last longer, you can start off with some concealer and a dusting if bronzer. There are loads of mua on Instagram or YouTube you could watch for ideas. 

There are some really good eyeshadow looks on the community too @Anniie  is on Instagram and @JennnCore has created some amazing looks with her Game of Thrones UD vault. 

Anniie
Beauty Icon

@BeautySeeker-03 A good base (use a really light concealer and then start with the lightest colour as a transition, then another slightly darker over the top but a bit lower, in ur crease, then a datker in the outer v x

blending is the key x

JennnCore
In the Spotlight

There's been some amazing advice already given! All I can really added is that a variety of quality brushes make the job so much easier. And blending makes all the difference 🖤

Julia
Beauty Icon

@Pineapple  you have tagged the wrong person for eyeshadow 😂😂 I have hooded eyes  so I'm not the right person to give advice really 😁 but good brushes like real techniques or nyx help and blend blend blend 

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

@Julia Blending is the most boring thing ever lol! Smiley Very Happy