cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eyelid coverage

Pink_27
Winging It

Hello.  Im wondering if anyone can suggest something to cover my eyelid veins. Don’t really want any colour, would like to not have to put eyeshadow on all the time and foundation and concealer isn’t enough. I have very pale skin. I’ve tried a few nude eyeshadows (foxy and w.o.s) from urban decay but they don’t seem to look right on me somehow. 

Thank you 

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Eyelid coverage

Bethany
Winging It

You could try the BareMinerals gen nude eyeshadow base. Lots of neutral/skin tone shades so I’m sure they’d be something for you..if not you could try using the urban decay eye primers instead of an eyeshadow?

SilviaP
Living the Highlight

The UD primers maybe Eden as covers my veins pretty well and I'm fair too

Highlighted

Vicky-D
Total Glossip

I would use an eyelid primer, slightly thinker than a concealer but looks more natural. 

Lemon Aid Eyelid Primer 2.7G - Benefit  is great x

NovaNova
Winging It

I know you don't want to use eye shadow but maybe something like a crayon shadow would work because it's so simple it barely feels like makeup. You literally swipe across your lid and blend it with your finger. It takes seconds. I use Laura Mercier Caviar sticks in Vanilla or Au Naturel. They are matte and once blended hide my veins and redness. 

Pink_27
Winging It

Oh yeah, that’s a good idea I’ll be sure to check them out. Would you put a primer on before with them? 

SuedeBB
Getting Lippy

completely agree with @SilviaP Urban Decay eyeshadow primer potion in eden is great x

Sutvinder1
Getting Lippy

I use mac, soft ochre  pro long wear paint pot , which covers everything on your eyelids .  This shade suits medium to tan ,any lighter then I would use the mac painterly tone, which is more of a cool tone, so this would be best suited for fair skin tone.   This will cover everything on your eye lids, so no discolouration will show, it’s amazing product.  Try this at your nearest Mac counter.

NovaNova
Winging It

I do if  I am not in a rush in the morning  - I like my bedSmiley LOL . I have really oily lids and i find they do last better with a primer. The best I have found is Too Faced Shadow Insurance.

Pink_27
Winging It

This also sounds great. And I do like to test products before buying them. Painterly is the name of the colour I need to look for? 

Thanks for all the suggestions. I will see if I can get a sample from urban decay too as I do like the one I have at the moment