cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Wear foundation - honest opinion :(

KikaSte
Perfectly Primed

I was so happy to receive the sample, but it's an absolute NO from me. The reason I always ask samples before purchasing products is my very sensitive skin. I haven't find out what's the ingredient I am allergic to, but it looks like it's there. Smiley Sad

Coverage was absolutely gorgeous and it applies so easily, blends well. BUT! As soo as I applied it, I felt that my skin becomes itchy and just a few minutes later I noticed that my eyes becoma puffy. Sadly, it's not the first time it happens to me. I believe it's a gorgeous product as it has so many wonderful reviews, but it's just not the one for me. 

I've tried quite a few wonderful foundations lately, maybe that's why I am so picky, but this one just felt wrong. Gladly, I have a friend with really fair skin so it won't go to waste. Smiley Happy

20 REPLIES 20

Re: Double Wear foundation - honest opinion :(

EmaSullivan
In the Spotlight

@KikaSte that's not good! I hope your skin has calmed down again! 

Definitely a good thing about samples if you can try them, and see if you get on with them without having to pay out loads! Always rubbish when you've spent loads on a fancy product and you hate it 😭

KikaSte
Perfectly Primed

@EmaSullivan I applied my eye cream again, if it won't get better, will put camomille tea bags on my eyes. I just hate when my skin does it and the most annoying thing is - I don't know what causes this reaction. Smiley Sad

Alison01
Nailing It

What a shame.   I found the absolute opposite.   
I’ve tried a number of brands over the years before settling on Double Wear Water Fresh.    
It has lovely coverage that can be built on if needed and coupled up with an Estée primer, it has a natural finish that lasts all day.   
Double Wear Nude Water Fresh Spf 30 Liquid Foundation 30Ml - 3C2 Pebble - Est�©e Lauder 

The Illuminator Perfecting Face Primer With Finisher 30Ml - Est�©e Lauder 

KikaSte
Perfectly Primed

@Alison01 I might go and ask for a sample of foundation you mentioned. It seems a lighter formula so it might suit my skin! Smiley Happy

Ashli
Beauty Icon

@KikaSte  I tried this 2/3years ago and at the time I didn't really look after my skin so when I did apply it - I felt exactly the same way as you and never used it again but few weeks back I got a sample from Glamour Beauty Club but I'm scared to reach out for it again. 

The coverage is amazing for sure but such a shame it didn't work well for us 😓 but I'm glad you were able to give it to a friend instead x

KikaSte
Perfectly Primed

@Ashli I think I might go and try different formula, maybe this one is just too heavy for me. At least my friend is really happy! Smiley Happy

NadiaS88
Multimasker

@KikaSte  oh my! I hope your allergy reaction will go quick! I have sensitive skin as well and trying to ask for samples, before buying full size! Atleast you know what is best for your skin!

Neko37
Total Glossip

@KikaSteIts always good to try before purchasing, I've been caught out buying under pressure and having the wrong shade.

I personally like DW when I need foundation to last all day or for a night out

GabriellaMaria
Multimasker

@KikaSte  Such a shame to hear that your skin disagrees! So frustrating isn’t it 😣 I have very sensitive skin and have uncomfortable acne due to a medical problem, my skin really gets on well with All Hours Spf 20 Liquid Foundation 25Ml - BR40 Cool Sand - Yves Saint Laurent though it is fragranced. Don’t know if you’ve tried it before but maybe it’s worth a go! Hope you find something you love 💕