cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you think it makes a difference to your eye makeup, when you use good quality eye shadow brushes?

Clairesteelcity
Multimasker

I'm a true makeup and skin care lover but i have always been afraid of eye shadow its too easy to make it look like you've been punched in the eye. 

Do you think it makes a difference to the application if you use good brushes? ive recently purchased the morphe X Jaclyn Hill palette. 

Just wondered what you thought?

Also brush suggestions welcomed!

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Do you think it makes a difference to your eye makeup, when you use good quality eye shadow brus

Community Manager
Community Manager

@Clairesteelcity wrote:

I'm a true makeup and skin care lover but i have always been afraid of eye shadow its too easy to make it look like you've been punched in the eye. 

Do you think it makes a difference to the application if you use good brushes? ive recently purchased the morphe X Jaclyn Hill palette. 

Just wondered what you thought?

Also brush suggestions welcomed!

Using lighter colours will stop eyeshadows looking too heavy or giving you that 'punched in the eye look' Smiley LOL I love the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette and it smells amazing as well! I only have about 3/4 eyeshadow brushes that I use and I feel I can create any look with them, most of mine are from Zoeva but I love the NYX brushes the quality is really good and they're not super expensive! Heart

Re: Do you think it makes a difference to your eye makeup, when you use good quality eye shadow brus

Clairesteelcity
Multimasker

Thanks @TazK i will give this palette a try i have previously heard good things about it. 
just only recently started experimenting with eye shadows. 

Paula1994
Beauty Crush

Yes the brushes do make a difference. Goob brush will grab on the pigment minimasing the fall out and help out with blending the colours together. 

Also when aplying eyeshadows its best to go light handed and intensifying it slowly with darker and dsrker colours. Also think of transition shade to pit in your crease which will help to blend all colours together after. To most of looks i use lighter browns as transition colours. Before Applying

eyeshadow I would recommend aplying concealer first and setiing it  with setting powder or light cream eyeshadow, hope i could help xx

Highlighted

Annairah
Nailing It

Hey Doll,

100% do I think it makes a different. The right brush will do wonders for a basic or drugstore palette. I have to brushes that are my holy grail brushes that blends colour like a dream. My real techniques 305 brush and my bdellium pencil brush. I have yet to have any problems or shedding. Ever.  

donster
Going Pro

I think good brushes make such a difference in application. Technique can improve with time but having the right tools to start with makes it so much easier. I use Real Techniques brushes, they are great value for money, soft bristles and blend beautifully. Their brow brushes and spoolie and also great too.   

nav_does_beauty
Getting Lippy

a good blending brush is a must, other brushes can be fairly standard. I have Tapered Blending Brush No. 224 - MAC Cosmetics, most of my other brushes are real techniques or fairly inexpensive

MiaL
Multimasker

It definitely makes a difference. Real Techniques, Morphe, BH Cosmetics, EcoTools all do brushes that are good if you’re on a budget, you can buy one a time or buy them in sets. If you’ve got more money to spend, Spectrum Brushes are beautiful, so soft and work like magic. Someone mentioned that a good blending brush is important and I couldn’t agree more. A good blending brush will elevate any eye look, it’s key to making your eyeshadow look good. I’d advise you to take some time to practice in the comfort of your home so if you mess it up you can just take it off and start over. And it’s better to apply a little at a time and build up the colour rather than use too much which can make the shadows hard to blend. I would start with neutral colours, then when you get more comfortable with your brushes and application I’d start using bolder and brighter colours. Lastly, once you get the brushes, it’s important to clean them on a regular basis to avoid skin irritation and bacteria build-up that can cause outbreaks. If you’re still uncertain about how to use certain brushes there are a bunch of tutorials out there. Good luck!

I'm not very good with eye shadow - but my fave however is Naked 2 Eyeshadow Palette - Urban Decay but I do sometimes use my fingers and it always ends up everywhere. When I use a brush it does give it a more defined look I feel! Also I love Eye Shadow Blending Brush - Smashbox and all their other brushes are amazing!

ReenaK

Leanne
Getting Lippy

It definitely makes a difference with applying eyeshadows but you don't have to spend a fortune on brushes..... I absolutely love Eco Tools brushes and have quite a few for different shades and matte and shimmer eyeshadow lol x