cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dior Backstage Studio Masterclass

EmaSullivan
Living the Highlight

Yesterday, we headed down to London's Shepherds Bush Westfield shopping mall for the Debenhams BCC x Dior Backstage Studio masterclass. Honestly, coming into it I didn't really know what to expect as I'd never been to a masterclass of any kind before. I arrived a little early but the MUAs on the Dior Backstage counter were super friendly and also very accommodating! My mum came along with me and they immediately offered to get an extra chair so she could join too! This is one of ten Backstage Studios across the country!

We had the gorgeous @DaisyCR as our model for the evening, as we were guided through the full look. We worked out way from moisturiser, which I believe was the Dream Skin range, but I could be wrong. I was passed around to try and after trying it on my hand and discovering how amazing it smelled, the product name had left my brain!  For the face the Backstage Face and Body Primer and foundation was used, I've never tried these before but they are so lightweight, the foundation comes in 40 different shades with various undertones so it should cater to every one. The bottles, I noticed are 50ml too, which compared to almost any other foundation is A LOT of product as they're usually 30ml!  It is buildable coverage with a natural glow, it's also claimed to be waterproof and sweat-proof, which I can confirm! I got a colour match after the masterclass and the shopping center was absolutely boiling, I could feel myself sweating but when I checked my makeup it was still there! It doesn't seem to sit in lines much either and is like a second skin finish.

IMG_20190802_094027_637.jpgBase.IMG_20190802_094027_619.jpgBlush.IMG_20190802_094027_620.jpgHighlight.

After the base the MUA went in with concealer, and her tip was to only use it if you don't get the right level of coverage from your foundation, which is a fantastic tip as that way you don't end up with too much product on your face. After, the contour palette was used, you can use the pans individually but the Backstage tip was to use them all together on the brush ( literally just a swirl over all of the pans, tap off any excess, and apply), she explained where to apply contour, saying for contour she finds it's best to go from around the top of the ears, under the cheekbone towards the corner of the mouth, also to add a little to the top of the forehead, (think where the sun might hit and you'd tan a little more) around the bottom of the nose, and possibly to the jawline to create a soft shadow and definition. The Rosy Glow blush is probably the most intimidating looking product that was used, in the pan its quite a bright, almost Barbie pink but when applied (it also smells divine, like roses!) it's a very adaptive colour and works with all skin tones, this was added onto the apples of the cheeks just to add that happy warmth to the face. For highlight the Glow Palette was used, with the same technique as the contour, and using the whole 4 shades on one brush to the high points of the face such as the top of the cheekbones. Speaking with the MUA after she said she tends to use the same brush for contour, highlight and blush as it tents to create a more seamless and natural look and helps to blend the three more rather than being three separate products on the face. The Backstage range has three Eye Palettes, all 9 pans and super useable colours, the newest Amber Neutrals one was used here and it looks super pigmented and a very simple but gorgeous eyelook was created, starting darker at the lash line and blending up towards the brow with lighter shades. Here, the darkest shade was used first to create the depth and boldness, there was also a little dash of the Glow Palette added to the center of the lid for that extra 'pop'. The Diorshow Maximizer lash primer was used, which can also be used alone before bed to condition and help with lash growth, this was followed by the Pump & Volume mascara, and the Pump & Brow mascara to the brows. On the lip the Dior Addict Lip Glow was used, which is a balm with a light pink tone which lastingly enhances lips and brings out the natural colour, this was topped with the Maximiser which is a plumping gloss. Overall this look was pretty simple, yet super pretty, but very natural. This is the aim of the Backstage range as makeup for fashion needs to be quick yet effective, and this definitely translates to this range! I ended up buying the Foundation and the Lip Glow balm and my mum bought the Foundation, contour palette, the blush and lip maximiser! (I'm definitely going to steal a few of these) Screenshot_20190802-094231_Instagram.jpgHAUL...Screenshot_20190802-094315_Instagram.jpgFew goodies, too!

It was amazing to meet everyone, as expected, all of the other community members are just as lovely, and wonderful in real life, @TazK & @DaisyCR were just as amazing as expected, and I can't thank them enough for all the fantastic opportunities they offer us all here! The knowledge of the Dior MUAs was fantastic and so useful! We also spoke with Dora from Dior who has to be one of the loveliest and enthusiastic people! Everyone was so welcoming and accomodating 

IMG_20190802_094027_636.jpgSorry @TazK I stole your picIMG_20190802_094027_622.jpgIMG_20190802_094027_638.jpgScreenshot_20190802-095513_Instagram.jpg1am, foundation still on after 6 hours and some sweating!

51 REPLIES 51

Re: Dior Backstage Studio Masterclass

SophieG1
Beauty Icon

@EmaSullivan  Looks like you had a fab time 😍 very envious of the haul you and your mum got it all looks so pretty 😍😍 

Boss786
Beauty Icon

@EmaSullivan  ohhhh wow what a brillant review an feedback sooo hapoy for you guys to have had a chance to go.

You brought some fab goodies well deserved lively enjoy💖😍

Your pic looks beautiful even 6 hours after.

I love the fact its a 50ml bottle which would last you longer

Il be defo going to get matched on this one thku😉😘

MFBeauty1
Multimasker

Sounds like you had an amazing time!🤩🤩

DJMcCumiskey
Beauty Icon

Fabulous review @EmaSullivan , makes me feel like I was there!  😁  Your foundation looks SO good!  

JennnCore
Multimasker

@EmaSullivan I'm glad that you and Mama Sullivan had a fab time! Beautiful pictures too! 🖤

NadiaS88
Getting Lippy

@EmaSullivan looks like you had nice evening! You bought lovely goodies!

Foundation looks amazing, it's not visible at all!

kj_lovinbeauty
Multimasker

@EmaSullivan  Looks like you had a great time. I had a sample of the foundation when it first came out and I remember it been really good although I had the wrong shade. Love the fact it’s 50ml. Love your VANS T-shirt dress too 😀💜

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Loved this review! So glad you had a great time - it was lovely to meet you and your mum! Xxx

Sugarspice
Fresh Face

Great review!  Your makeup looks on point even after 6 hours!  Will definitely look in to getting a skin match done either this foundation. I recently bought a fenty foundation which in store looked like the perfect shade, when I went home and used the foundation it just looked totally off colour- made me look yellow!