cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Debenhams at Trafford Centre

Julia
Going Pro

Went at Debenhams at Trafford Centre yesterday wanted to get the monthly sample or the makeup for ever lipstick went at the perfume counter asked nicely and what I got as a response was a Very Cold answer NO WE DON'T  that's all that lady said I mean what's wrong with some people she looked like she was disturbed by my question  I understand if they finished thay could say sorry we don't have any left but she seemed disturbed by me .Has any one had any problems like that  with the staff  when you ask for sample they just give you a look like I can't really explain I just felt very ashamed for asking 🤦‍♀️😞

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Debenhams at Trafford Centre

Angelprincess87
Multimasker

Can totally sympathise with you their, I've had responses like that quite alot, also as I look quite young for my age people can either ignore me at the counter and serve someone else as they think that I can't afford it or when I ask for a sample it is like the product is coming out of their own pocket.

Ashli
Multimasker

Yes I feel that way too sometimes and it makes us feel really awkward and ashamed just for asking something us beauty holders are entitled to.. Usually if I can't collect on day.. I contact the H&B manager and explain my situation then ask them kindly to reserve/leave one at the side for me. 

Can totally sympathise with you there, I've had responses...

Angelprincess87
Multimasker

Can totally sympathise with you there, I've had responses like that quite alot, also as I look quite young for my age people can either ignore me at the counter and serve someone else as they think that I can't afford it or when I ask for a sample it is like the product is coming out of their own pocket.

SophieG1
High Brow

Yes abd although it’s discouraging please don’t let the actions of that individual stop you going in after all how are we supposed to fall in love with items without trying them. I didn’t grab this months as I had to go eye appointments with my little one but I should be popping by during the week if they have any left I will happily post it out you 😊 I don’t tend to try new skincare because I don’t need any more excuses to spend money on skincare 🤣 x

Julia
Going Pro

@SophieG1 @Angelprincess87 @Ashli  Glad I'm not the only one that feels that way...  but same as @Angelprincess87 said when you ask for a sample they look at you like you are there just for that sample and you can't aford buying the products which is disappointing and upsetting  because if we don't try that sample how we gonna know if we like it or not so we can buy the full size products  but it want stop me from going there and buying  Actually I got the Urban Decay  Naked petite Heat  yesterday 

Alison13
Getting Lippy

I know what you mean.  I have the same thing at Debenhams Eastbourne.  They always check if I have points on my beauty card which I do  and one lady in particular always has a sour look on her face when I ask for the monthly free gift.  If I ever have the nerve to ask for any perfumes samples she immediately says no they haven't got any.  I then thank her and walk away knowing that she has just lied to me.

Suzy
All Eyes on Me

@Julia yes but please try not to take it personally ...  difficult I know cos I have experienced this many times!  x