cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Clean brushes 😍

In the Spotlight

So as there was a little bit of sun out today I decided to wash my makeup brushes as I hadn’t washed them in a week and a half! 😱. I usually wash them once a week as well as my bed sheets to prevent my skin from breaking out! I also rotate my towels as well because I’m a clean freak lol😂. I was just wondering what you lovely ladies use to clean your brushes? If I’m doing a quick clean I use the Make Up Brush Cleaner 235Ml - Est�©e Lauder but if I’m doing a deep wash I use Johnson’s baby shampoo on my Real Techniques brush cleaning pad. I am hopefully going beauty shopping with my lovely mama next week before she has an operation and am thinking of picking up the Smashbox brush cleaner? I have used the MAC one in the past and found it was okay. 
I also have no idea why I ordered more brushes from RT as I have too many 😂 I have some Primark travel ones else where as well as a whole new Estée Lauder set! I think I’m brush crazy! 

609B3323-0FC7-4914-A485-9D30E6D03819.jpeg

32 REPLIES 32
Highlighted

Re: Clean brushes 😍

Beauty Icon

OmG!! So

many brushes 

wow!!

@TH130199 

and all clean

🤗🤩

happy shopping next week Smiley Happy

xx

Highlighted

In the Spotlight

Best feeling ever 😍 thanks lovely x @Shafaqshehzad 

Highlighted

High Brow

That reminds me I need to clean mine this week too @TH130199 

I double wash mine using shampoo or just normal hand wash gel soaps... first I let them soak for 5-10nmins in soapy water. This let's the excess make up become loose and vonebout. Then I rinse and wash again making surevivd scrubbed all the makeup out of the brushecvuding my fingers. Rinse until ester runs clear and then let them dry naturally in the sun or near a window.

When I clean brushes I usually take a break from make up too to give skin a chance to breathe!

Highlighted

In the Spotlight

That’s a good idea! Do you soak them in the sink or some place else? That sounds like a great way to make sure they’re all clean! I do the same! I hate wearing makeup all week! @Sabina123 

Highlighted

Beauty Icon

@TH130199 

WOWZER what a great collection of brushes gaaal🙌 you can never have too much brushes .... (well that's my excuse of my latest brush purchase 🤑) ... I just use normal dove soap. Are the primark brushes anygood? I haven't used them before but would be keen to try 🤔I hope your mum  my has a speedy recovery after her operation sending love & well wishes 🙏🖤 🥰🥰

Highlighted

In the Spotlight

Thank you babe! I don’t even know how the RT ones i ordered will fit in the holder with all these 😂. Do you just rub the brush on the bar of soap? I’ve heard soap is good for brush cleaning! The primark brushes are really good! They blend easily and clean easily too. I take them with me while travelling or on holiday as they’re nice and portable. Thank you so much for your kind words 💗🥰 @BeautySeeker-03 

Highlighted

Beauty Icon

Wow that's a lot of brushes!  😀  @TH130199  Well done on getting through washing all of them!  

Does everyone use a dedicated brush cleaner?  I just use baby shampoo, are brush cleaners better?

Highlighted

Beauty Icon

@TH130199 

I will need to pick up a set of  brushes for primark "after my spending ban of course 💪😂, they sound!! I actually dont have any room from this brush set I order neither 🤭🤭 will have to sort out my makeup until tomorrow & see if I can squeeze in some space🍀 I got an email this afternoon saying mines are out for delivery so should be here real soon 💡 the real excitement is waiting for my postman to chap with my honey collection eeeeeck!🍯🐝   🥰🖤

Highlighted

Glitterati

@TH130199 soooo can I hire you to come clean my house? Honestly I can't remember the last time I washed my brushes 🤭