cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd ever attempt at a cut crease. Any Advice?

Clairesteelcity
Multimasker

I have a million times tried to do my eye shadow nice but it never worked out. Anyone else had this problem?

I asked you all previously about makeup brushes and you all recommended I got a set of good brushes. So I did!!!!

And the results were fab, using my jaclyn hill morphe palette and the freedom makeup 'extreme vice' palette and following makemeupmissa on you tube i created this look.

What are your opinions? have you got any advice?

IMG_20190223_224634.jpgIMG_20190223_224707.jpg

20 REPLIES 20

Re: 2nd ever attempt at a cut crease. Any Advice?

science_geek
Going Pro

Hi @Clairesteelcity, you look soooooo good! What a great cut-crease, I've always wanted to learn how to do it and one day do it as good as you but, I've just never found a good tutorial to use or follow how did you learn how to? I did enquire once with Urban decay about it but they said it would cost me £45 to learn because I'd have to book into a 45 min slot and only £25 would be redeemable so, I didn't feel like spending that much money if I'm honest but, you look stunning! Xx Smiley Happy 

Ashli
Beauty Icon

@Clairesteelcity  such a gorgeous choice of colors! You look absolutely amazing ❤ I've only ever done cut crease once so unfortunately I don't have much advice for you however I'd love any tips from you x

Clairesteelcity
Multimasker

@science_geek thanks so much such kind words 😊

Well I like jaclyn Hill on YouTube and I like makemeupmissa you should check them both out. Missa seems so down to earth the makeup she uses is often drugstore and affordable too. 

Clairesteelcity
Multimasker

@Ashli thanks haha it has made me smile so much you asking me for tips. Honestly I haven't a clue what I'm doing haha it was just a happy accident I think. I followed makemeupmissa on YouTube she is fab and makes it dead easy to follow.

I do the upper colours above the crease first, blend them all nice then cut the crease with a Concealer with a eye liner brush (super tiny) and then just colour in the lid haha 

HannahJo
Multimasker

Looks so lovely! Love a good cut crease! I find that keeping the base super pale helps, I use the Paint Pot - Painterly - MAC Cosmetics before applying any eyeshadow, I use the Jaclyn Hill Palette daily so I know it works well with that one! Plus keep the deeper colours a little bit higher than you would normally, then when you add concealer over your eyelid look up and it will almost create the shape for you, but your eye looks is stunning already, don't think you need much advice! 💜

Clairesteelcity
Multimasker

@HannahJo  thanks hun. I will try those tips and I will definitely try this mac pot I've never tried anything mac befo

Highlighted

te06071
Nailing It

@Clairesteelcity  Sorry no advice - just wanted to say you are so stunning and this makeup look is everything! Xx

Clairesteelcity
Multimasker

@te06071  oh my gosh thank you so much you're too kind ❤️

All the lovely comments I've received has really made my day ❤️

SophieG1
Beauty Icon

Wow 😮 you have done a fab job also the colours really go well! I struggle to get colours coordinated.  

@science_geek  They quite often have masterclass events I went to one it was a 2 day 1-1 it was £200 but the whole £200 was redeemable against products it was fantastic I learnt so much.