cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Winter hair colour - inspiration needed

Priya_13
High Brow

I've only been colouring my hair for 2 years and I've pretty much stuck to as close to my natural colour which is very dark brown. I am going to the hairdresser tomorrow and feeling brave. Any ideas for hair colour please.  I'm 44 so nothing crazy like pink!

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Winter hair colour - inspiration needed

SophieG1
Beauty Icon

What about a nice balayage? Either warm caramel tones or a brownish blond if that makes sense 😬 from previous experience it’s hatd to keep up with roots etc if you go lighter so a balayage is easier to maintain. 

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

Second the balayage! That is what I did when I wanted a change but needed the safety of just being able to chop it off if I don't like it Smiley Very Happy! It turned out amazing though, definitely try it! x

Ashli
In the Spotlight

Warm caramel balayage with dark brunette hair would look gorgeous on you!

Priya_13
High Brow

@Ashli @Pineapple @SophieG1 thanks for the ideas. I've never thought of mixing it up like that,  I like the sound of caramel bits at the end. I'm pretty low maintenance when it comes to my hair and that suits me too. 😁

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

@Priya_13 That's as low maintenance as you can go for a big change in hair colour Smiley Happy. Do show us if you decide to do it! Smiley Very Happy

Paula1994
Beauty Crush

i think a darkbrown with maroon hues would really suit you xx

Priya_13
High Brow

20181204_174300.jpg

Things didn't go to plan, my usual hairdresser of 7 years wasn't there due to a family bereavement so I had to risk it with another stylist. She wasn't free until after Christmas and I had taken the morning off work.  He didn't understand what I was asking for so he just opted for dark brown and left the previous lighter bits of hair in. After the disappointment of my hair colour he barely cut my hair and it hardly looks any different. So after forking out £90 it doesn't look much different. I'll have to wait until next time to try something else. Oh well! 🤦‍♀️

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

This is so disappointing! Can you not complain and get a voucher or something for next time? I couldn't be as daring as you and trust a random person, I've had way too many bad experiences. When I had my balayage done it was a random spur of the moment suggestion by my hairdresser, she had gained my trust so I let her do it.

Your hair looks very similar to mine I think it would definitely suit you! I just found an old pic of how it looked like, I'll put it here. It took a few times to go that light but I wanted her to be careful as my hair is already really dry and I didn't want to completely destroy it.

Nowadays I rock my natural dark colour and plan to for a long time, even though I'm getting some grey hairs already Woman Happy.

20160306_184144.jpg

Priya_13
High Brow

@Pineapple I thought about complaining but I will have to face him next time I go. I might call about the cut because it was poor, my mother in law used to be dog groomer and she could have done a better job. 

It was too much hassle to change my leave and I wanted my hair done before Christmas, in hindsight I should I have waited. 

Your hair is a lovely colour.