cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Weightloss

Anniie
Multimasker

@StephHS90 I did it one day lol and then he made me eat junk, i think im being to harsh onmy self but these diets dont eve last 1 day lol... i have dont it in the past and it worked (without baby) 

i need to stop and carry on eating healthy i guess

lol is your man the same? They care too much i guess 😂😂 by feeding us 

💖

nogravityleft
Perfectly Primed

I'm not a fitness guru or anything like that but I keep recommending this way of keeping in shape to everyone I know in real life - it's called MyFitnessPal. To me, this honestly has been a life changing invention.

First of all, I've always struggled with keeping in shape since I was a child (thanks to my overly loving grandparents!) and as a teenager the weight was always on my mind as well. When in my early 20s I moved to another country, I lost quite a few kilos (not intentionally, but I certainly wasn't complaining) and that new weight stayed with me for a while, in which I felt most comfortable than I did in my whole entire life. But after moving to the UK, I don't know if it was to do with different food than I had in France, I put just over 10 kilos in about 8 months. I was shocked to say the least. Im not the one to ever go for any kind of diet due to many things that have already been mentioned above, so that wasn't an option for me. So I remembered I signed up to this app when I was back in France out of interest (it's free, btw) and just decided to try it out. It is basically a diary of the food you eat daily that you have to log in with the helpful search tool and the barcodes that are on every food item that we eat. It gives you the approximate calorie intake you should follow based on your height, weight, etc. (but it's nothing drastic, I promise!), plus it adds you additional calories for the day if you did any physical activity (it's great if you connect a fitness watch to the app or your phone counts your steps).  So by logging in your food you keep track of your own behaviour and makes you mindful about the food choices you make on a daily basis. You're allowed to eat whatever you want (I eat cakes, chocolates, dairy, etc.) but, obviously,  you have to be reasonable and try and stay within your daily goal. I have to admit the first month is difficult as you don't see any visible changes and you just keep thinking that all that logging in is pointless. But after a month the kilos go pretty fast, especially if you're actually active (when I first started losing weight I was only walking daily, nothing else and only started daily running after 2 years of being with the app only because I wanted to do something else that would be more challenging).  The main thing is to be persistent and finish the day in the app (it's a special feature) as it really motivates you. THAT'S IT. There's literally nothing else you have to do except being well hydrated. With time you will not only know the best portion sizes for yourself, but also what foods to avoid. Also a good investment is the kitchen scales as you have to be precise (there's a difference between 150 and 200 grams of rice or 10 and 15 grams of butter 🙂), it might seem like overdoing it or boring - but it really does work!  As I said previously, I started running ONLY because I felt like it was waking me up and really helped me focus more on the day ahead and I started doing that when I already lost the weight, so you don't need to do any additional exercises in order for app to work, unless you actually want to do it.

I made my mum follow this routine (she's EXTREMELY overweight due to being inactive and driving everywhere for the past 15 or so years) and she lost about 15 kilos so far, however she's very bad at being consistent and always finds excuses to not log into the app, otherwise she would have been back to her normal weight for now.

My husband also uses the app, but he's also mostly inconsistent with it, but when he actually does it regularly - it works like magic!

But the biggest results I've seen in real life is our friend in the States who was over 130kg (I would say) and by using the app, he's at around 95ish now, very inspiring!

Anyway, obviously the main stuff is to eat healthy food daily (all the grains especially stuff like buckwheat, quinoa, veggies, fruits, etc) , drink LOADS of water and try to be a little more active.

I do still use the app and do still find it extremely useful, even though I don't need to lose any more weight, its just a habit now that keeps me in shape. 

I hope this helps! 

Anniie
Multimasker

@nogravityleft Omg sweety pie! Thank you so much for taking the time for writing this for me! Means alot! 😘 💖💖💖

nogravityleft
Perfectly Primed

No problem, I can't pass by this sort of very sensitive theme for me and just hope it helps in some way 🙂

Highlighted

AliceTvirus
Getting Lippy

I e been hearing a lot about the snake diet and am thinking of giving it a go once I’m feeling better I need to look into it a little bit more in depth it sounds really good and easy to do maybe look into it and see if it’s something that would suit you xx

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

@nogravityleft @Anniie I love MyFitnessPal too, it really puts things into perspective. And definitely agree than a scale is needed, he biggest think we don't realise how much calories are in is peanut butter! A spoonful can vary with 100s of calories from person to person Smiley Happy. It also works great to show you how much more calorie dense some foods are. You can have a cookie for 300cal, or an egg and some vegetables and a banana and still be under those 300. I love it Woman LOL.

@AliceTvirus That snake diet appears to simply be an "Intermittent fasting" plan, and the snake juice is an electrolyte replenishment drink, it's a good way to lose weight in a way that it teaches you what really being hungry is. It's also similar to OMAD - One Meal a Day. They are great but can also be really really hard to do because you go on long periods of time without eating which can even be dangerous for people with certain conditions, so be aware Smiley Happy.

Anniie
Multimasker

@AliceTvirus Whats a snake die 😱😱😱 not eating snakes are we lol

Bp1234
Nailing It

I tried so many diets and hated them! I recently started the 'Paleo Diet which is super for female health and allows us to be more mindful about what we eat! So far I feel amazing on it and have lost 2 stone! Xx

nogravityleft
Perfectly Primed

@Pineapple Yeah, the detailed look into what you ate on any particular day is mind-blowing! Those cookies are really evil, true.  But I love peanut butter, I literally can eat it by spoonfuls (and I mean soup spoons 😂), but mostly put it in my porridge these days (weird combo, I know!).

It's strange though, there were a few times when close relatives asked me how I stay in shape and so I described to them in great detail how this works, stressing that you don't even need to workout, just be consistent and mindful, they seemed very interested and eager to try. Yet when later I asked how they were getting on with it, they just said that it seems "too difficult and time consuming", so they didn't bother. It just goes to show though, if you don't really want to change, nobody will be able to change you.  🤷‍♀️🙇‍♀️

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

@nogravityleft Ohh I know about this evil creation called peanut butter, I'm a slave to it as well, especially on a banana or apple. I've eaten so many things pb in porridge is nothing Woman LOL. I often put protein in mine and enjoy it much more, but not a big porridge fan anyway, I find I get hungry again within an hour of eating it.

I've learned this with people too, you can't help them if they don't want to help themselves. And I swear there was a point one summer when every single shop I went in had 2 ladies discussing their daily diets of either nothing or close to nothing and were so proud of themselves, and this really triggers me. It's so much easier on your mind and body to eat a good well balanced diet, rather than starving for a week-10days-2weeks and calling it forever. Things take time, but it's really hard to convince most friends and family so I just keep quiet Woman Sad.