cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shampoo bars????

Priya_13
In the Spotlight

https://weareinsidesource.co.uk/beauty/lush-shampoo-bar-review/?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=r...

I know lush do shampoo bars and I have tried them on my 5 year old and her hair smells gorgeous afterwards but I'm not sure what it will do to my hair?  I know it's better for the environment to use these. The lush shop near where I work has gone plastic free and there's no wrapping on anything. 

Has anyone tried these?

27 REPLIES 27

Re: Shampoo bars????

Angelprincess87
All Eyes on Me

I have tried 3 of these in the past, Trichomania (Coconut square) , Godiva (Yellow one that smells of citrus) and Jumping Juniper (Purple lavender).

I found that ultra moisturising but read recently that they strip colour & as i have dyed hair i won't be using them anymore.

DJMcCumiskey
Beauty Icon

I'm not sure if I've ever tried any from Lush @Priya_13 , but I have tried a shampoo bar before.  I never thought I'd like it, but I thought it was actually ok.  But, I never really used it that many times as I kept on meaning to get a tin/soap dish for it, but never did and I think it just got thrown out.  

I'm sick of having so many bottles taking up room in cupboards, in the shower etc, so I think a little bar of shampoo is the way to go.  I've already started using bar soap more often and I much prefer it to shower gel...although I still can be swayed for a lovely scented one!  

Priya_13
In the Spotlight

@DJMcCumiskey  my daughter likes the rainbow things and they can be used in the bath, shower and shampoo for the hair.  

https://uk.lush.com/products/fun/rainbow

I will have to test it out next time I buy her one. I can't cope with 'regular soap it really dries my skin and makes my eczema flare up. I remember using pears soap to wash my face when I stayed over at a friend's as I had forgotten my face wash. My eyes swelled over and the skin went all dry. I couldn't see a thing for 3 days 🙄😁

Priya_13
In the Spotlight

@Angelprincess87  that's a good point, my hair is coloured too. I'll have to do some research first 😁

DJMcCumiskey
Beauty Icon

Surprisingly I haven't found soap to dry out my skin, even though I'm prone to dry skin and eczema on my body @Priya_13 .  The one I'm using atm is one from Kiehls, an exfoliating soap., it leaves my skin feeling so freshed and clean.  I sometimes find that shower gels -even when rinsed off well- can leave a film on your skin, and sometimes they dry my skin out even more, I think it's the SLS in them.  

😬 to the swollen eyes, nasty reaction. 

Priya_13
In the Spotlight

@DJMcCumiskey  I tend to use Sanex which is soap free and I've never had a reaction to Soap & Glory. It's been a while since I've been brave enough to try anything new. 

science_geek
Going Pro

I've tried the shampoo bars once before @Priya_13, I got one from a Lush Christmas gift box but I didn't really like it. I mean it could just be me but I felt like it didn't lather up enough and maybe because I have long hair but my hair was still quite heavy feeling and just generally not washed so I've not tried any other brands of shampoo bars because I thought they'd be the same too. Having said that all though - I did think it smelt beautiful though! 

Priya_13
In the Spotlight

@science_geek  I can imagine it being hard to use with long hair. They don't generally lather much but the scent is gorgeous. I think the person in the article wrote she doesn't rate the conditioners at all. Like @DJMcCumiskey  said you would have to get a soap dish or tin to keep it in. I'm not convinced it replaces a 250ml bottle of shampoo. 

bonnieburton
Multimasker

@Priya_13 I used the pink conditioning bar for ages and I’ve never had anything that made my hair look so shiny or smell so good since! Aside from that, Lush shampoos have been by far the best I’ve ever used, however they are SO expensive and they never do sales in the UK. When I was living in Spain, on Boxing Day everything was 50% off so I’d get 2 litres of each of my £40 shampoos and conditioners and hoard them 😂 if you are thinking about buying from them it’s best to consult the staff and get their advice about what’s best for your hair type, and they will always give you a free sample to try!