cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shampoo For Fine Hair

Einstein
Getting Lippy

Hello,

I have exceptionally fine hair - sparse and thin follicles.

Consequently, it captures oil and appears 'oily' quickly.

I have tried a few shampoos but it seems they are too heavy for me.

Can anyone recommend a good product for fine hair?

I have already tried

- Aveda damage remedy

- Redken extreme

- Aussie (probably the best of these 3)

Thank you!

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Shampoo For Fine Hair

Debs
Nailing It

Hi Smiley Happy   I was having similar trouble.  The Maui Moisture shampoo and conditioner - specifically the Thicken & Restore + Bamboo Fibres (it's the dark green bottle), has made such a difference to my hair.  The fragrance takes some getting used to though.   Hope you are able to figure out what will work best for you x

Einstein
Getting Lippy

@Debs

Thank you.

Do you need to wash your hair less frequently too?

Debs
Nailing It

@Einstein  You are ever so welcome.  I have pretty long hair which I wash once, sometimes twice a week?  It all depends on what I have been doing and how I have been wearing my hair x

Loulabella
Getting Lippy

I would Highly Recommend Philip Kingsley for fine hair. My hair is just as you described. I have been using Philip Kingsley for about 3 years now and it has transformed my hair.

angel_kavanagh
Winging It

This might seem stupid but try to change what you eat. I know that red meats help to thicken hair. Try to do some research on what foods help with hair thickness. Also I would recommend to buy hair products that contain either Keratin, Argan or Moroccan. 

Try to not use sprays or gels/waxes in your hair as they don't help, especially dry shampoo and hair spray.  You also thin your hair by brushing it a lot so try not to brush it as often.

I know that a friend of mine who has the exact same issue as you got recommended to not wash her hair as often. They were told that doing this helps to build your hair's naturally immunity to oil. It sort of trains your hair to not capture oils.

A DIY remedy I've heard people rave about is to put corn starch/corn flour in the roots (and sometimes all over) before washing your hair as it soaks up product from the hair and under the scalp. 

Sorry that this is so long. Hope these can help x

Highlighted

Karen80
Fresh Face

I've got exactly the same problem and I hate the feeling of dirty hair too! Loreal fiberology air is a winner for me and i try not to fiddle with my hair during the day. But if I do the collab dry shampoo I find best for budget and show dry shampoo for feeling fancy, are both good for an after work top up. 

I have to wash my hair every morning because if i wash it at night is flat.  And if i don't do it everyday then it's greasy looking. 

I also recommend the Percy & Reed volume drops. 

Einstein
Getting Lippy

Thank you for your reply.

Sadly, I have tried most of these to no avail. I will try the bottom one though.

- change what you eat.

No change sadly.

-  hair products that contain either Keratin, Argan or Moroccan. 

Things will oil make it worse.

- Try to not use sprays or gels/waxes in your hair as they don't help, especially dry shampoo and hair spray.  You also thin your hair by brushing it a lot so try not to brush it as often

I brush it twice per day.

I have started using dry shampoo and it has helped A LOT. The options are either: wash hair more frequently or use dry shampoo. Which is less damaging? I assume dry shampoo because it only touches the actually greasy parts.

- not wash her hair as often.

I tried washing it once a week for 6months. It was absolutely disgusting. It only works for those with thick or dark coloured hair.

- corn starch/corn flour in the roots (and sometimes all over) before washing your hair as it soaks up product from the hair and under the scalp. 

I will look into this one, thank you.

NyreeMc
Getting Lippy

Philip Kingsley body build shampoo and conditioner! Or the living proof volume range. 

I have fine hair too and these are both game changers xx

Einstein
Getting Lippy

@NyreeMc Great to hear!

What sort of changes did you experience?