cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scalp detox

BegumN
Beauty Crush

Hey all, 

So I was wondering if anyone has tried scalp detox?

I received one by grow gorgeous and was a little sceptical. It is Ideal for dull and lacklustre locks, a pre-wash treatment supposed to promote healthy hair growth.

You massage product into the scalp and exfoliate using circular motions. I have used this product 4 times now and each time I am falling more and more in love with it.

It is a strange product but not sure if it promotes growth yet. My scalp does feel fresh, cool and roots feel super soft post use.

I am considering buying this product to give it a thorough trial. The only downfall of the product I would say if sometimes post use I find an exfoliating bead or two in my hair haha. However, this could be because I have pretty wild curly hair.

Thoughts?

20190323_184845_resized (1).jpg

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Scalp detox

Bp1234
Total Glossip

Thanks for sharing this! I have super curly hair too and am always so scared to use products like this and I feel it will get stuck in the curls! 

I may need to try too 😘

BegumN
Beauty Crush

@Bp1234 i was really nervous at first too but i made sure not to go down my lengths. i just rubbed products in hands and massaged scalp. I also made sure i did my head in quarters to keep it localised to the scalp and avoid the product going in length of hair

if you do try it i hope it works out for you Smiley Happy

Bp1234
Total Glossip

Oh this is really helpful- great tips! Thank you!!!

SophieG1
Beauty Icon

Never tried this is it similar to the Philip Kingsley one? Xx

donster
Going Pro

@BegumN I have tried The Body Shop Fuji Green Tea cleansing hair scrub, it is fabulous! My sister bought it for me for my birthday last year and I hadn't tried anything like it before! The smell Heart is just amazing so fresh and it has mint menthol too. Mix a teaspoon sized blob  with water in the shower and apply to damp scalp, lather and rinse- no need for shampoo just condition after use. I use it occassionally for that extra deep cleanse and it has large sea salt grains but they are easily removed.   

BegumN
Beauty Crush

@donster  ooh this sounds so exciting will deffo go have a peek when next in town. Thanks for letting me know Smiley Happy

donster
Going Pro

@BegumN It's a good size tub 240ML, lasts ages! x

BegumN
Beauty Crush

@SophieG1  sorry not tried philips one. I tried 2 of their products which were unkind to my hair so i never bought any more

Acarr2507
Nailing It

I got this in my monthly cohorted Beauty Box but I haven't tried it yet. I was a bit nervous about trying it because I have quite a sensitive scalp when it comes to this stuff