cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revlon one step hair dryer volumiser

Priya_13
Glitterati

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6535953/Revlon-One-Step-Hair-Dryer-Volumiser-gets-rave-re...

I noticed this article recently about the Revlon one step hair dryer. It's got rave reviews and it's only £60 and currently on offer in Boots for £40. I'm very tempted to give it a go. Does anyone have one please?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Revlon one step hair dryer volumiser

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

I have a different brand. I think it may have been a Remington one, not sure as it's gathering dust in a drawer somewhere.

It actually works really good, especially for people like me who can't blow dry for the life of them. It's easy to use so I was pretty happy while I was using it. My hair was not as straight as it would be using a straightener but nicer I'd say, as it ended up more voluminous.

I don't use it any more as I stopped using any heat products to avoid more damage to my wonky and dry wavy-curly-ish hair Woman LOL.

Priya_13
Glitterati

@Pineapple I ended up buying the Revlon volume brush. Instead of curly it makes my hair wavy so I still need to straighten it but it does give good volume. I tried it on my 4 year old (on the cool setting) as she has long wavy hair and it worked better on hers.  Her hair was quite straight and she said she looked like Rapunzel!

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

@Priya_13 I'm glad to hear the little Rapunzel loved it! I double checked and mine is BabyLiss. You are right it kind of gives a more wavy style sometimes.  If you alternate between on top of your hair and under it turns out a little bit straighter.

What I like about it is that it dries your hair too so you don't have to dry and then straighten,  makes getting ready faster! Smiley Very Happy

Priya_13
Glitterati

@Pineapple I'm taking Rapunzel for a hair cut this weekend, she's been avoiding it since the summer but I will have to buy her a milkshake afterwards.  

I bought it to save time in the morning.  I'm usually in the office between 7 and half 7 so I need to up and ready super quick. It does give my hair a fuller look too. 

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

@Priya_13 Poor Rapunzel!! I only cut my hair once a year and don't find it necessary any more often.  I bet she wants to have really long hair. All young girls in my family do!

Yeah it gives a nice look,  not exactly full straightened but nicely put together Smiley Happy.

Priya_13
Glitterati

@Pineapple The only negative about the Revlon product it's quite noisy compared to my hair dryer. 

Rapunzel hair is all the way down her back which is fine, I'll just plait her hair but 3 days a week her dad takes her into school and he struggles to do a pony tail. When I pick her up she looks like she's been dragged through a hedge backwards. 

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

@Priya_13 Strange, mine is actually quieter.

My hair used to be as long too, and I'm toying with the idea of letting it grow again.

How old is she? Maybe she can start learning how to do it herself Woman Happy, which would probably mean letting it all out to let other children climb onto it from outside windows Woman LOL. She may still look like dragged through a hedge but with pride haha!