cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPL hair removal - home device

Priya_13
Multimasker

https://www.boots.com/philips-lumea-prestige-BRI95600-ipl-hair-removal-device-for-body-face-bikini-a...

The Philips Lumea is currently on offer in Boots. I'm thinking of investing, has anyone tried a similar product please? £300 is a bit steep but if it permanently removes hair then it's worth the investment. 

6 REPLIES

Re: IPL hair removal - home device

Rabia
Multimasker

@Priya_13 I bought from boots as well for 299£ ...

i used once but I am so busy with kids so I am planning to give it to my sis so she can use it as I just used once... I heard a lot good reviews about it . One of my friend is using she said her hair growth has reduced significantly. But we need to use it frequently so I am so busy with 3 lil kids . I will start when thay start going to schook. 😍

Priya_13
Multimasker

Thanks  @Rabia  I only have one little girl and she already started school so hopefully I should have time in the evening but there are always a millions things to do as I work full time too. I might buy it as I'll never go to a salon to have it done.  

Rabia
Multimasker

@Priya_13

I bought it as one of my sis friend recommended it . She is using same Philips ipl... and she told that it has reduced her hair growth significantly. So I am going to giv it to my sis next month . She is gonna use it and hopefully will get benefits from its use. 🙂

Pineapple
Nailing It

@Priya_13 I opted out of trying those for a couple of reasons:

1. A friend has one, she said it needs to be done every 2 weeks for like 3 months then every month, which is way too often in my opinion - and takes ages to do as well. She had good results when she kept using it but as soon as she stopped hair started sort of growing back.

2. I've read, and been told by a dermatologist that these machines since they are for home use, they are not as strong as the ones which they use in salons. Meaning the results would be not as good if any, depending on your skin and hair type of course!

3. I had a similar thing myself, but it was a tweezer-like thing, which did 1 hair at a time with no results at all, so I'm wary of using those!

4. 300£ is not far off what you can do a nice amount of areas in a proper salon, so depending on what hair you want removed, it may really be a better choice to find a qualified place to go to instead of a home machine.

Sorry, I feel a bit strong about this lol, I'm sure there must be people who it works for.

Hope this helps you! Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Priya_13
Multimasker

Thanks @Pineapple  I posted this so I could get some different opinions whether good or bad. I'm undecided as yet. I was thinking of starting with a few salon sessions to see how I get on. Now I'm in my mid 40's I seem to be sprouting unwanted hair, if this continues I will be a bearded by the time I'm 50 🤦‍♀️ 

Pineapple
Nailing It

@Priya_13 You probably won't get too much extra hair. With only a few sprouts it's probably pretty cheap to tackle them in a salon/clinic Smiley Very Happy.