cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a few Kinks

Annairah
Nailing It

Morning Beauty Lovers 🕵🏾‍♀️

Any suggestions for hands down moisturising and hydrating products for kinky type 4 hair?

I find that I always go back to Shea moisture curl enchancing smoothie and manuka honey deep conditioning mask, no matter what.

I have yet to find a consistent shampoo or conditioner.

Thanks 💋

23 REPLIES 23

Re: I have a few Kinks

Ashli
In the Spotlight

@Annairah Try Kinky Curly Come Clean Natural Moisturizing Shampoo x

Annairah
Nailing It

Thank you, I’ll have a go

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

My hair is really dry and I have been using different products from the SheaMoisture lines too - coconut, castor oil, the orange ones and the frizz ones - I've tried a lot! I recently saw and decided to try the "Palmer's Coconut Oil Formula Conditioning Shampoo" and "Palmer's Coconut Oil Formula Leave-In Conditioner" and they make my hair look and feel amazing, better than SheaMoisture did for sure, I was honestly shocked, they are quite cheap so worth a try.

Highlighted

Annairah
Nailing It

Hiya 👋

I have never tried palmers haircare as I never found their skincare hydrating for me. I will try their products. I know the Shea Moisture you speak of as I use it too. Castor oil, jojoba oil and argan oil are my favourite oils hands down. After deep conditioning I always use castor oil then Shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie on top.

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

Hey again,

I don't find their skincare anything special either. I use the Shea Moisture castor oil mask for deep conditioning right now too Smiley Happy. I think the Palmer's conditioning shampoo is what makes the biggest difference, it feels really gentle and you can tell while you're washing your hair it's not as stripping (even compared to SM - I had been using the castor oil shampoo previously). I've been combining it with the SM Castor Oil  Renewal lotion or Palmer's Leave-in for styling and it's been working perfect with either.

I hope it works just as good for you if you decide to try it out. Woman Happy

MrsD
Total Glossip

I have always found a problem finding a styling product for my very fine wavy hair, I used to fight it even getting the iron and board out and ironing it over brown paper. Oh, I even tried sellotaping it down. I use a very expensive product from the hairdresser at the moment but would love a less expensive product that works for very, very baby fine hair to enhance the wave/curl. Anyone any suggestions?

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

Hey @MrsD, if you want to preserve your curly/wavy hair you should try to avoid straightening it. My hair is pretty thick so it may not work as good for you but I think the Palmer's Coconut Oil Formula Leave-In Conditioner may work good for you too, it is a pretty light mist as opposed to a heavy lotion so I imagine it won't be too strong for your hair Smiley Happy.

MrsD
Total Glossip

Pineapple, I can’t use leave in conditioners, I’ve tried many of them over the years, they just make my hair drop. I stopped straightening it about 3 years ago now as with age it just wasn’t strong enough to cope, I now often leave it to dry naturally.

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

What kind of product are you using from the hairdresser? How do you use it? Smiley Happy And what is your hair like when you just let it dry naturally(I do that too)?