cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hair straightening

Rabia
High Brow

Hello I need suggestions please ... I want to go for permanent straightening (rebounding)  of my hair . I got long  hair but they are rough and not very straight. Someone told me to go for keratinisation . Which one is better ... I sometimes use hair straighteners but I want some long lasting solution 

thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Hair straightening

SophieG1
Beauty Icon

I have keratin smoothing done it usually lasts 4/6 months I got mine last done in September and will be going back sometime during this month.  I’d highly recommend it my hair is so thick and hard to manage. You get a shampoo and conditioner to use after the treatment to prolong it. 

Rabia
High Brow

@SophieG1

Thanks for replying. I have heard it’s very expensive and we have to repeat it after every 6 months.. what do you say? If don’t repeat it after 6 months. Does hair get worse or get back to original condition.  I am also planning to go for keratinisation but a bit confused. 

SophieG1
Beauty Icon

I pay £160 but that includes the shampoo and conditioner and a cut. The shampoo and conditioner last well over 6months. My hair I would say is in better condition as I have used my straightners as much. The only downside is if your hair is coloured it will lighten your hair. I honestly think it’s one of the best things I’ve had done. X

Rabia
High Brow

Thanks. I heard it costs around 350 to 400 pounds that is why I was not going for it. I am going on holidays next month. I will do it when I try to go for it after March... 

SophieG1
Beauty Icon

Wow that’s expensive even in tony & guy where I live it only costs £150. You could probably get away with just using the special shampoo and conditioner it’s this one x

7C5616FF-133E-4087-A65A-1F74F1C83D52.png

Highlighted

Rabia
High Brow

Thanks I will check it. So should I buy this shampoo and can I start using it without getting treatment? From where can I get it??

Sorry for asking such silly questions 

SophieG1
Beauty Icon

Sorry rabia I just noticed your reply I didn’t get a notification. Yes any shampoo free of sulphate should help to make hair smoother if you don’t want to buy online check out cantu you can buy from Superdrug or boots xx