Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Hair dryer recommendations?

MiaL
Multimasker

Hi all!

The other day I was ready to start drying my hair, turned the dryer on, when something inside the dryer exploded. Yup. Exploded. It then started smoking and the inside was glowing. Managed to turn the plug off before it got any worse. So now I need a new hair dryer. Even though I would love the Dyson, it’s wayyy out of my price point. Can anyone recommend a dryer for me? Preferably around £50 or under, and it would ideally come with a diffuser and have a cool shot function.

Thanks!

Mia x

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Hair dryer recommendations?

Paula1994
Beauty Crush

Paula1994
Beauty Crush

I use the tresemme Kerating smooth hair dryer. It was around 30 pounds and, comes with few bits like difuser, concentrator, rollers and few others. really worth having a look xx

MiaL
Multimasker

Wow that looks great! Thanks!

sfbeautyxo
Going Pro

Triple Haircare Gift Pack S3500gp - black - Remington you get a few extras too, the hair dyer also has a cool shot function x

sfbeautyxo
Going Pro

Triple Haircare Gift Pack S3500gp - black - Remington you get a few extras too, the hair dyer also has a cool shot function 

donster
All Eyes on Me

I use a Remington Pro Air Turbo 2400 Watt Hairdryer - comes with a fab diffuser and a concentrator nozzle attachment. I paid around £30.00 for it and it has a cool setting. 

I too  would love a Dyson but this hairdryer is really great value for money! 

MiaL
Multimasker

@sfbeautyxo @donster Thank you both for the suggestions! I’m amazed at the dryers with extra bits that are out there for a reasonable price! 

Amanda-C
Perfectly Primed

Hi @MiaL I feel your pain! Smiley Sad My Mark Hill straighteners went 'bang' years ago whilst on holiday in Spain!!!!!! They only thing that started smoking was the dishwasher!!!!!!

Anyway, as far as hairdryers go I have always found Babyliss rather good and tend to last for years. Remington are also pretty good too. x

MiaL
Multimasker

It was actually quite scary! The dryer was right next to my ear so the bang was really loud and the whole thing vibrated! Whichever dryer I get I’m going to make sure it has a detachable filter, apparently cleaning out the filter now and then makes it safer in terms of fires.