cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hair SPF

MFBeauty1
Beauty Icon

I was having a random thought on the topic of spf, why isn’t hair spf a thing? The sun is so damaging to the skin and eyes so we Pile on sun cream yet we don’t protect our hair (I know it’s not really something that can get sunburn) but it can dry out in heat, or would heat protectant do the same thing?🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Hair SPF

DJMcCumiskey
Beauty Icon

It is a thing, but probably nowhere near as many people think to use anything @MFBeauty1  I've got to admit the only time I've used something is when I've been on holiday to stop my hair from drying out and the colour from fading.  

The sprays are especially good for people who have thin hair or men who are bald/thin on top to protect the scalp.

Heres some recommended ones https://www.harpersbazaar.com/uk/beauty/hair/g27555434/best-sun-protection-for-hair/ That Clarins ones seems popular as I'm sure that was mentioned in that magazine article I posted yesterday, so it has dual purpose hair and body!  

MFBeauty1
Beauty Icon

@DJMcCumiskey I didn’t even know! It should be used more often instead of hair oils or leave in conditioner we should wear spf And protect our hair from being damaged in the first place, hopefully it’ll be trending in the future!🤩

Highlighted

JennnCore
Beauty Icon

I've never even considered it was a thing, which in hindsight seems really silly as we defend our hair from heat so why not the sun😂🤦🏻‍♀️

MFBeauty1
Beauty Icon

@JennnCore I know! I don’t know if ultraviolet light actually has an affect on hair as it’s technically already dead but defo something to consider🤔

DJMcCumiskey
Beauty Icon

Yeah they've been around for years now @MFBeauty1 , but I guess not as big a thing is made of it because your hair won't react in the same bad ways your skin would?  Although you still need to protect your scalp if you are sitting out for a long time as it can get burnt and blister.  Or maybe a lot of people wear hats?  

MFBeauty1
Beauty Icon

@DJMcCumiskey True protecting your skin is More of a healthy thing and hair is just More of a preference, think I’ve been living under a rock bit atleast I know it’s a thing now ahah 

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

@MFBeauty1 I mostly try to wear a hat, yet need to probably try some out! xx

Suzy
Beauty Icon

@MFBeauty1 

I don't use sprays to protect. I do like Sun hats for the garden, beach etc. I usually use oils overnight a lot more in Summer to rehydrate tho.

Areej
Beauty Icon

@MFBeauty1 Very good point, I’m really careless about hair 🙄