cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! My nails are brittle and bendy. What can I do??

Jean2
Winging It

Hi. Over the past couple of months my nails have gone very soft, brittle. Bendy. And I can’t grow them. I’ve tried a paint on for stronger nails. But it hasn’t worked. I need help please. Thanks 😘 xxx

7 REPLIES 7

Re: HELP! My nails are brittle and bendy. What can I do??

Annmac
All Eyes on Me

@Jean2 OPI nail envy really helped me with the same problem years ago 

Highlighted

SophieG1
Beauty Icon

@Jean2  Have you tried taking supplements for nails? Vitamin B7 is good for nails,

Hope you find a solution. 

donster
Going Pro

@Jean2  I have this problem too and now ridges in my thumb nail. I wear nail varnish daily and recently had acrylic nail extensions for holiday which hasnt helped my natural nails. They have always been so weak and thin. I have a healthy, balanced  diet (minus the chocolate!)  I think I will give supplements a try to see if they help. Let me know if youfind anything that helps xx 

Becky09
Nailing It

I cover my nails in jojoba oil and leave it on for about 15minutes once a week. It really helps to improve their condition.  

Jean2
Winging It

Thank you. I think I’ll give it a go xxx

Beauty1
Beauty Icon

I completely agree with @Annmac , I had the same issue many years ago , after using OPI Nail Envy for a while I nails were near perfect, and never had a problem since then @Jean2  Good luck with your quest. 

Lovetoreview
Total Glossip

@Jean2 I was once told eat a cube of jelly a day. You may find introducing more greens to your diet may help as sometimes brittle nails are a sign of low iron.