cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Favourite nail varnish

DJMcCumiskey
Beauty Icon

My favourite brand is OPI.  They have such a great range of colours and finishes, and they go on the nail so smoothly and evenly, and they resist chipping really well too.

@Pineapple  They don't have to be expensive (but I know what you mean, I always prefer a lipstick too!), get yourself into TKMaxx if you have one near you, that where I get mine for about £3.99.  They have them in gift sets too for about seven pounds upwards.  The last one I got was Icelanded a bottle of OPI, a lovely taupe colour.  

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

@Carys96 Isn't a nail file a bit to harsh thought?  I'd imagine buffing must be as gentle as possible or your nails will have nothing left eventually 😅. I'm going to look around for oneoff of those buffing things! 😊

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

@DJMcCumiskey Ah yesss! I completely forgot about tkmaxx.  Now you've made be want to try them so I'll have to find some soon! ❤

DJMcCumiskey
Beauty Icon

@Pineapple  They have all different brands too like Nails Inc, Orly and Ciate, but like the advert says, it can be abit random and you have to search sometimes...but I just love that shop!  I go in for a look, and come out with a load of random bits, from make up, to baking trays!  😂

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

@DJMcCumiskey I love scavenging through there too lol 😂

Carys96
Beauty Crush

@Pineapple No! That’s what they use in salons! It’s perfectly fine! You don’t do it hard! 

Yeah, have a look on the Internet ☺️

Carys96
Beauty Crush

@DJMcCumiskey That’s a good idea! Will definitely look in Tkmaxx!!

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

@Carys96 I'll give it a try next time,  if I end up with no nails it's  on you 😂😂😂😂😂😂! 

Carys96
Beauty Crush

@Pineapple 🤣🤣🤣 you only do it lightly!! 

MrsD
Total Glossip

I don’t buff my nails before doing a gel varnish, I use the cleanse liquid, it takes the oil off your nail without any damage. You use it at the end too to remove any residual tackiness. I need to do my nails this week, I’m just not sure what colour to go with 😂