cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Favourite nail varnish

Carys96
Beauty Crush

Painting my nails is one of my favourite ways to relax and be creative! 

Some of my favourite nail varnishes at the minute are Self Made Mermaid Nail Polish Duo - . - Nails Inc. Holler-Graphic Nail Polish Duo - Nails Inc. love both these sets to give my nails much needed sparkle! 

What are every ones favourite nail tips, tricks and products? 

29 REPLIES 29

Re: Favourite nail varnish

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

I tend to normally just get whatever catches my eye, looking at my collection most of my nail polishes are the Maybelline Super Stay line, I don't find it particularly long lasting but I like the colours and I find doing my nails pretty calming so I don't mind spending the time for it Woman LOL. Current favourite is the Golden Brown colour, makes me feel so festive and I normally use it all the time until the New Year. Then I switch to my usual neutral colours with summer being the season for all the colours and all the new buys! Smiley Happy

Carys96
Beauty Crush

@Pineapple I’m like that! I get to whatever I like the look of! When I was younger I loved the Miss Sporty ones which are only £1.99! I used to love using them! I also really like Barry M 🙌🏼

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

@Carys96 They are cheap and fun, you can have a whole rainbow of colours for almost nothing Smiley Happy.

I've never actually bought an expensive one now that I think about it, I wonder how big of a difference does it make?

MrsD
Total Glossip

I am forever knocking myself and if I use normal varnish I chip it so now I stock to gel manicures. I bought a LED lamp and a few polishes, had a gel manicure and watched what the lady did and copied her. I actually make  a decent job of it too ☺️

Highlighted

Carys96
Beauty Crush

@Pineapple Tbh I do think it varies on the application and what top coat and stuff that you use! I have used a few ‘expensive’ ones and they’ve chipped the next day! 

But I have got An Affair In Red Square Nail Polish 15Ml - OPI on at the minute after having the done at an Event and they’ve lasted a week and not chipped once! 😍

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

@Carys96 I hear so many good things about OPI but I can't bring myself to spend so much on nail polish when I could buy a lipstick instead. Smiley LOL

Did they do anything special at the event to make it last long? Smiley Happy

Carys96
Beauty Crush

@Pineapple Totally with you but I do love nail varnish and have a slight obsession with buying them 🤷🏼‍♀️🤭 no, they buffed my nails before the put the nail varnish on to get rid of any oils, helps the nail varnish stick better! I learnt that on a gel nail course that I did! They put a top coat on too! But the top coat they used was the same as the one I used the other day and my nails varnish was literally falling off 🙃😂

Pineapple
Beauty Icon

@Carys96 I've never heard of buffing before! The things you learn, not that I've been interested in polish more than just picking random colours. I'll have to try this and see how it works for me. Smiley Happy

I get the obsession, although now and then I go through all my drawers and boxes because I know I'll find this one shade that's on my mind of buying at the moment Woman LOL. I like to say thank you to the old me for picking out good things lol!

Carys96
Beauty Crush

@Pineapple Neither did I! Use a nail file to do it then use a nail brush to brush off the excess! It definitely works! 

Yes, that’s like me 😂😂 thank you past self!